× f l a s h b a c k ×

(Y/n) stared far at the green plant as it moved slightly. She was curious as to what was hiding behind it. The little girl slowly approached the bush before kneeling down and looking inside.

A soft purr was heard from the creature. (Y/n) reached her hand out to pet it when her other arm was suddenly tugged away from the bush.

"You need to focus, (Y/n)! How will you ever surpass your siblings with that kind of attention span?" Her father said.

Her hand was still trying to reach the small creature as it slowly came out of view. She was back in the field where her siblings were training. She looked up to her father, waiting for his command.

She didn't know how to do things. She was only 5 years old at the time. Her father called over her sister. Her dearest sister, Lyn.

"(N/n)!" She greeted as she widened her arms, waiting for her warm hug.

As (y/n) was about to run towards Lyn, a hand on her shoulder stopped her. It was her father's. He was looking at her with an intimidating gaze making her want to run to her mother.

That was what she always do. Whenever she wanted to ditch training, she would run to her mother and hide behind her. (F/n) couldn't really do anything about it since her live for her mother was greater than anything else.

She would've run towards her mother if only she hadn't gone to a trip. A trip to visit her grandparents in the floor of death. (Y/n) looked down with despair as she already misses her mother.

"(Y/n). Put your focus on Lyn's movement." (F/n) snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Watch me, (n/n)!" Lyn said enthusiastically with her bright smile.

Oh, her beautiful smile. The feeling of happiness inside her whenever she sees that genuine smile. She loved that smile. She never knew that soon, she'd never see that wonderful smile ever again.

Lyn gracefully waved her arms as the water followed her movement. (Y/n) stared in awe with a gleam of joy in her eyes. The water glistened as the moon reflected itself in the water.

She hardened the water and formed a sword. It almost looked like a glass sword. (Y/n) admired it's beauty.

"Your turn." Her father said sternly.

(Y/n)'s eyes was full of determination. She looked at the water and brought her arms up, making the water fly towards the stars and fall to the ground causing her other siblings to be wet.

(Y/n) was now focused on the moon. It reminded her of her mother. Her mother was her light in the darkness. Whenever she cries, her mither would humm a little lullaby and she'd be dead asleep.

"Again." Her father said as she was once again snapped out of her thoughts.

"(N/n)!" (Y/n) immediately snapped her attention towards the caller.

"Kah!" She greeted happily as she ran towards her brother. "Katow!"

"Kaito, you're back." Lyn said with a smile as Kai carried (Y/n) with ease.

"Yeah, the trip was cut short due to unwanted visitors." Kai replied before turning to the toddler in his arms. "How are you, (n/n)?"

"Papa keeps making me twain. I miss mama!!" She said.

"Dad, can't you give (y/n) a break? She's only 5 years old." Kai said as he turned towards her father. "You started training us when we were 7, can't you train her when she's 7?"

"She's different from all of you." Her father said as he took (y/n) from Kaito.

"(F/n)? Are you training (y/n) again?" A soft voice spoke making (y/n) smile widely.

"Mama!" (Y/n) beamed a smile towards her mother as she eagerly waited for her mother to take her.

"(M/n). You're back." (F/n) said as he gave (Y/n) to (M/n).

(Y/n)'s eyes were full of joy. Her mother was back again. She loved her mother's presence. It made her feel safe. Her warm hugs were everything for her. She wouldn't know what to do if her mother had left her.

Soft droplets of water landed on the ground and soon on all of their heads. Lyn and Kaito manipulated the water so that all of them wouldn't get wet. (M/n) let her beautiful daughter down as she grabbed her by the hand.

"Let's go back in before we get wet." Her mother's velvety voice spoke.

(Y/n) nodded, eager to go in. That is until she spotted someone running across the woods. They were wearing a ragged cloak.

Out of curiousity, (Y/n) ran after the hooded figure and away from her family. She continued running despite her family's protests. She reached the middle of the forest and came to a halt.

"Hewo?" She spoke as she was dripping wet from the rain.

She continued walking as she looked for the small cloaked figure that was running. She closed her eyes and felt the rain.

The rain. She loved the rain. The sound of small droplets of water splashing on the ground calmed her nerves. She loved it especially because her trainings would get cancelled because of this.

There. She felt something from the water. Someone moved from the branches of the tree. Her eyes slowly opened as she turned her head towards where she thinks the person was hiding.

"Why ahw you hiding?" She asked.

The cloaked boy peeked his head showing locks of his red hair. The girl sent him a warm smile before reaching out a hand.

"My name's (Y/n)! Pleasuwe to meet chu~♥" She introduced herself with a warm smile making the unknown boy's heart flutter.

His face flushed but luckily he was wearing a mask. He jumped down from the tree and shyly hid behind it. (Y/n) giggled at the boy before approaching him.

"What's yaw name?" (Y/n) asked.

"S-Sephtis." He replied.

***************
Hopefully this is enough for you to forgive me for not posting in two weeks. School and personal problems in life are taking a lot of my time.

Ngl, I didn't know where to put this so ta da! Hope you enjoyed reading!

Oh! Join my discord! I wanna talk to you guys ♥

https://discord.gg/RpZtPDGZnX

If you can't access this link, you can go to my bio!

Lots of love ♥

-Akumu~Chan <3