8. I HATE THE GRYFFINDORS

| CHAPTER EIGHT |

I HATE THE GRYFFINDORS.

"PSST. PSST. ARE YOU ASLEEP?"

"Yes," Cedric replied in a hushed voice.

Natasha scoffed, "Obviously you're not."

"And neither are you," He said sleepily. 

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Who?"

Natasha let out a sigh, "No one," She muttered, not feeling like explaining herself so late at night - or early in the morning? "I hate the Gryffindors."

"What did they do to you?" Cedric questioned, finally opening his grey eyes and turning his head to the side, a look of worry washing over his face; one that much to his pleasure, the blonde didn't spot.

"If their password wasn't so stupid and obvious I wouldn't be lying on this uncomfortable floor," The blonde huffed, turning her whole body to face the older boy. Her eyes focused purely on him, the moonlight shining through one of the tall windows, illuminating the tip of his nose and casting a shadow on the rest of his face.

His shoulders moved as a soft chuckle escaped his lips, "You're really not happy with this, are you?"

She sent him a deadpanned look, "What gave it away?"

Cedric rolled his eyes, "Why aren't you asleep yet?" He questioned, moving his hand from the inside of his sleeping bag, he squinted his eyes to read the time on his wristwatch, "It's almost three in the morning."

Natasha shrugged, "Can't sleep, I suppose. You?"

"You're talking to me."

"Well, I haven't been talking to you all night, have I?"

"I suppose I can't sleep either then," He said softly.

"How come?"

"I asked you first," Cedric replied, Natasha could hear the grin on his face.

Maybe it was the tiredness that washed over her, but whatever it was, it seemed to cause a genuine smile to appear on her face as she thought back to their encounter in the Hufflepuff common room, when he found her relaxing on the couch with her Quidditch book and a face mask, "I had the best costume planned this year," She sighed dramatically.

"You're annoyed because you can't wear a costume?"

Her ocean blue eyes widened, "It's not just a costume," She told him seriously, "It's months of planning, but you wouldn't understand, would you, Diggory? What did you go as last year? A Hufflepuff?" She asked sarcastically. 

"Actually, I went as a vampire student," He replied, the grin still present on his face as he watched the blonde girl rolling her eyes, "Keep doing that and maybe you'll find a brain back there."

Natasha let out a shocked gasp, "Look who gets sassy when they're tired."

"What can I say, I've learnt from the best," Cedric smirked, gesturing to her.

Natasha could feel her cheeks warming up; the heating must've suddenly started working? She just hoped that Cedric wouldn't be able to see it due to the darkness, the last thing she needed was for him to think that he made her blush, how crazy would that be? "I'm honoured," She finally said, moving her hand to fan herself dramatically before she let out a yawn, covering her mouth.

"Okay, I think it's time for sleep now."

"Alright, mum."

"Shut up and go to sleep, Fields."

AN- I love them so much already