25. WHO'S KRUM?

| CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE |

WHO'S KRUM?

AFTER THE AWFUL DEFENCE AGAINST the Dark Arts lesson (one that proved to Natasha that Remus Lupin was in fact the best DADA teacher they had ever had and will have), she did everything she physically could to steer clear of Professor Moody, she would even refuse to pass him in the hallways and instead would take the longer route just so she wouldn't have to walk past him and feel that uncomfortable shiver running down her spine. 

October had come quickly, and even though Natasha, Rosie and Grace were swarmed with homework and revision for their O.W.L.s, the last few months had been able to enjoy most of it as well as they could (especially when they ignored Nat's constant complaining about Quidditch being cancelled). Before they knew it, she and Rosie found themselves seated with Cedric and Theo in the Great Hall, awaiting the arrival of Beauxbatons Academy and Durmstrang, as Grace had to stay seated at the Slytherin table. 

Much to her surprise, Cedric had opted on taking the seat exactly opposites her, his eyes straying from Theo over to her as the two boys spoke (well, it was more like Theo speaking whilst Cedric paid him half attention). It didn't take long for Rosie to spot this, and with a smirk on her face, she whispered into Nat's ear, 'Lover boy won't stop looking at you'. A sentence that earned her a kick in the shin. 

The doors of the Great Hall slammed opened, catching Nat's attention. She snickered under her breath as she watched Filch running inside, lifting his knees up further than most people did whilst running. The caretaker reached Dumbledore and whispered something into the man's ear before turning back around and running out of the Hall, never even once looking back at the students or professors.

"What was all that about?" Rosie snickered, looking just as amused as Natasha.

Before anyone could reply, Dumbledore cleared his throat, gaining everyone's attention almost immediately, "Could you all please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, and their Headmistress Madame Maxime."

The doors flew open yet again. However, instead of Filch or Moody being on the other side, there was now a large group of girls. Natasha watched them with wide eyes as they ran into the Great Hall, all of them wearing identical baby blue silk dresses with hats and kitten heels of the exact same shade. Their hair was pinned up extravagantly, reminding Natasha of the hairstyles her mother would force her to wear whenever they went out anywhere important. 

Practically all of the boys in the Great Hall were staring at the group of girls with the widest eyes Natasha had ever seen. She was worried that if they didn't blink, their eyes might just pop right out onto their house tables. But, even she couldn't blame them for their reaction. The girls entering the room were all gorgeous, with wide smiles on their faces as they waltzed their way inside so effortlessly. Her ocean blue eyes widened as soon as she spotted the Headmistress though. The woman was even taller than Hagrid (and Natasha had never in her entire life met anyone that was taller than him). She walked behind the group of girls, as as they ran off to sit at the end of the Ravenclaw table, Madam Maxime went off to greet Dumbledore before going to sit next to the empty chair besides Hagrid. 

"And now..." Dumbledore's booming voice yet again caught everyone's attention, "Our friends from the North. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang Academy, and their Headmaster Igor Karkaroff."

Natasha's head whipped to the double doors. A large group of boys dressed in large fur coats with thick sticks in their hands (similar to one that she spotted Professor Moody using to help him walk) entered, banging said sticks on their ground as they walked in, completely and utterly emotionless.

"Is that Krum?" Natasha couldn't keep the surprise hidden from her voice, her eyes glued to one boy. Someone she had seen that very summer at the Quidditch World Cup, playing for Bulgaria. 

"I think it is," Cedric nodded, his eyes also wide with surprise.

"Who's Krum?" A small voice from besides Rosie asked, causing both Cedric and Natasha to turn their attention to a small Hufflepuff.

"Who's Krum?" Natasha asked, not believing she had heard that question, "You've got to be joking me, right?"

The boy looked timid as he shook his head.

"What the hell do they teach kids in schools these days," The blonde shook her head as Rosie placed her hand on her shoulder, calming her down so that she wouldn't freak the boy out anymore than necessary. 

"I mean, he goes to the same school as we do," Theo snickered, "I think we know what they're teaching him."

Nat's eyes finally moved from the boy, causing him to let out a shaky breath, "Yeah and it clearly isn't anything necessary, is it, Theo?" 

"Guys, look," Cedric suddenly said, his eyes focused on something at the front of the Great Hall. 

Natasha, Rosie and Theo all turned their heads in the direction of Cedric's gaze, their mouths practically falling to the ground as they spotted the Triwizard Cup on Dumbledore's stand, merely seconds before the Minister of Magic (someone Natasha didn't even see entering the room) finally revealed the Goblet of Fire.

"Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the Tournament, need only to write their name on some parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly. If chosen there is no turning back. As from this moment, the Triwizard Tournament has begun."