34. ARE YOU GOING TO ASK HER THEN?

| CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR |

ARE YOU GOING TO ASK HER THEN?

"A DANCE?" NATASHA SCREECHED IN disbelief, "You have got to be kidding me."

Rosie shook her head, "No, I overheard some Gryffindors talking about it," She admitted, looking between Natasha and Grace, "Don't you think it's exciting? Maybe Cedric would ask you?"

Natasha instantly felt her cheeks heating up. She hadn't mentioned to either of her friends about what happened between her and a certain grey eyed Hufflepuff in the medic tent and she didn't think she would since she hadn't even spoke to Cedric about it all. Maybe he thought it was a mistake and was now ignoring her. Or maybe, just maybe, he liked it and possibly liked her in that kind of way. Now that thought made her heart flutter.

The blonde cleared her throat (after realising she hadn't spoken for far too long), her eyes looked down at her Astronomy homework, "Don't be silly, Rosie," She muttered, keeping her voice as steady as she physically could. 

"Well, he keeps looking over," The ginger haired girl pointed out, grinning mischievously at Nat, "Maybe he's thinking of how to ask you."

Grace nodded eagerly, "And when," She smirked mischievously.

Natasha hated herself for not putting on her usual make-up that day, seeing as she had no foundation to hide how red she had gotten or the excuse that she put on too much blush to hide behind. No, instead, she was sitting there, in the middle of the Great Hall with her cheeks brighter than the Weasley's hair, trying to focus on her homework and not on the brunette boy that sat a few seats down from her and kept glancing over at her whenever he thought no one was looking.

"Are you going to ask her then?" Theo's voice snapped Cedric from his daydream. It also made him realise that he was looking at Natasha Fields for slightly too long.

Cedric cleared his throat, "What are you talking about?" He asked, refusing to make eye contact with his best mate and looking literally anywhere but at Theo.

"To the dance everyone is talking about."

"I didn't even know that there was going to be a dance," Cedric lied. Of course he knew there was going to be a dance. Even though the professor's hadn't exactly told them personally, someone's parent  let it slip, that person then told their friends who then passed it on to their other friends and so on and before they knew it, everyone at Hogwarts was aware of the upcoming dance to celebrate the Triwizard Tournament. 

Theo rolled his eyes, "Of come off it, of course you knew. So, when are you going to ask her?"

Cedric felt speechless. Of course he thought about asking Natasha to the dance. It was the first thought that popped into his mind when he heard about the dance. But he didn't know if he could, he most certainly would rather tackle a dragon again than ask the Natasha Fields out to a dance. A dance. He didn't even know if she liked dancing. He was definitely sure she was great at it (she was incredible talented at a lot of things) but whether she liked it or not, now that was a completely different story. Would she turn him down? Or would she actually say yes to being his date? He really didn't know and it was the unknown that terrified him. 

"You know, if you don't, then someone else will," Theo commented, looking at his friend with a 'I'm totally right about this' look. 

Cedric didn't want to admit it but Theo was right. Natasha was most definitely the most beautiful girl at Hogwarts (she was certainly the most beautiful girl Cedric ever laid his eyes upon) and he wouldn't be surprised if she had boys (and girls) lining up left, right and centre, wanting to take her to the dance. If he wanted to be the lucky guy, then he'd had to find some courage and finally ask her.