11. BOGGARTS

| CHAPTER ELEVEN |

BOGGARTS.

IT TURNED OUT THAT CEDRIC'S first guess was right; Harry got attacked by a Dementor which in result caused him to lose his balance before he plummet down towards the ground whilst his broomstick got caught up in the wind, before it ended up in the branches of the Whomping Willow.

She had offered him some money to get it fixed, but the Gryffindor refused repeatedly, insisting that she really didn't have to do that. So, when he fell asleep she slipped into the Hospital Wing and placed a small 'Get Well Soon' card next to his bedside table, inside was a pocket was money. Although it was muggle currency, she figured Harry knew where to go get it exchanged. 

It had been a few days since that now, and the third year Gryffindor was finally out of the Hospital Wing. The first thing he did when he got out was find Natasha and thank her profusely, whilst she tried to talk him into getting Wood to agree to a rematch; that, however, didn't work out. 

"Are you still pissed off about that game?" Rosie questioned as she, Natasha and Grace walked through the corridors, ready for their practical lesson with Professor Lupin (which they had heard was one of the funnest lessons in Defence Against the Dark Arts for a long, long time). 

"Of course I am," The blonde nodded, "How can I not be?"

"But you won," Grace piped up. 

"Yeah, but he almost died thanks to a Dementor," Natasha explained for the hundredth time.

"How is that any different from almost dying during the game, anyways?" The Slytherin shrugged casually as Rosie pushed open the door to Professor Lupin's classroom.

"Because it was by a Dementor and not by a Bludger," Natasha huffed, she was about to slam her books down onto her table due to muscle memory, but she stopped herself before she could; the tables weren't set out and instead, the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor fourth years were mingling around at the back of the classroom. At the front was the Professor with a kind of ragged wardrobe behind him.

"Good morning, class," He greeted warmly, his tired eyes looking out at the sea of equally as tired faces, "Today we're going to do something a little bit different. You might've heard some students from different classes talking about it already, and I've decided that no matter the year, all of you will get to participate in this activity." 

The students all seemed pleased with the idea of a practical lesson as they grinned at one another. 

"Right, so who can tell me why the Boggart - I assume all of you know what that is, right?"

Everyone nodded. They had learnt about Boggarts last year. Their professor wasn't any good, which caused the majority of the students to do their own research on everything he had mentioned in class.

"Perfect," Professor Lupin clasped his hands together, "So, can you tell me why the Boggart is shaking in the wardrobe?" He questioned, gesturing to the wardrobe behind him that Natasha only now realised was actually shaking; as if there was something inside of it, ready to burst out at any given second. 

A few students raised their hands up, all eager to answer.

Professor Lupin nodded at Rosie. The redhead cleared her throat and subconsciously stood up straighter, "There's too many of us," She explained, "It doesn't know what shape to become."

The Professor beamed at her, "Excellent, Miss. Jefferson, exactly that. Five points to Hufflepuff. And does anyone know the charm to defeat the Boggart with?" His eyes scanned the students, most of who just looked at him with a puzzled expression.

Natasha slowly raised her hand up, as soon as the professor spotted he grinned at her, "Yes, Miss. Fields?"

"Riddikulus," The blonde answered, "You have to make it something funny then laugh at it. Boggarts hate laughter."

"Excellent, Miss. Fields, another five points to Hufflepuff," He praised, looking over the moon that she knew that, "We'll practise the charm without words first. So, repeat after me, Riddikulus."

The silence of the classroom was now filled with each of the students - apart from some that were 'too cool to do what they were told to do' repeating the charm. 

"Good. Very good," Professor Lupin smiled, clasping his hands together, his dark brown eyes scanned the students, "But, I'm afraid that was the easy part. Can I have a volunteer, please?"

A few scattered hands flew up in the air, this time Natasha wasn't part of it. She watched as the professor picked a blonde girl from Slytherin (She thought her name was Maya but she wasn't exactly sure). She watched carefully as the blonde strutted up to the wardrobe, her chest puffed out as she listened to the professor's instructions. 

Whilst Natasha watched the scene unfolding. Looking carefully at the Boggart that turned into a large tarantula as soon as it came into view of the Slytherin. Maya took a deep breath before raising her wand up, the charm rolled right off her lips and the tarantula suddenly began to tap dance; something Natasha thought was even creepier than just a normal tarantula. 

As the students then got into a line, Natasha couldn't help but stay lost in her thoughts. She wondered what would her fear be. Maybe it was her favourite lipstick running out? Her broomstick snapping in half right in front of her eyes? Maybe it was a spider; she did get creeped out by them and always hated stumbling across any in the bathroom. Maybe it was something darker, like Voldemort. She certainly wasn't expecting to see her a person she thought she loved standing right in front of her when it was finally her turn. 

"Mum?"