20. DEATH EATERS AT THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP

| CHAPTER TWENTY |

DEATH EATERS AT THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP.

NATASHA REALLY WASN'T SURPRISED THAT Ireland won, they certainly were the better team. The wide smile on her lips seemed to be tattooed on there as she, Cedric and Amos celebrated the victory in their tent. The tent was genuinely incredible. It looked completely and utterly tiny on the outside, making her worry that she was going to be squished up against Cedric as they slept, however, on the inside, the tent was enormous. It had three separate rooms for each of them, three bathrooms, one kitchen and one living room with a fireplace right in the middle of it. To say that she stood in the doorway of it for well over thirty minutes staring at it wide eyed would've been an understatement. Even though the blonde had been going to Hogwarts for almost five years, she still couldn't get over magic and all the things it could do and she loved that. It was just a shame that she wouldn't ever be able to experience any of this magic with her parents.

The Quidditch World Cup was incredible. It was something Natasha Fields had never experienced in her entire life before. She had seen the football World Cup (football was a muggle sport, one that was far less exciting than Quidditch in her opinion) several times; her father had been able to score many tickets for it, but it was no Quidditch World Cup for sure. It was Ireland vs Bulgaria and the blonde supported the greens (not just due to the fact that she was part Irish, but also the fact that in her opinion, they definitely were the best team). It showed just how amazing they were when Krum (the Bulgarian Seeker as well as the youngest International Seeker out there) caught the Snitch yet Ireland still won. 

Natasha really didn't know the last time she was this happy. Her cheeks ached from smiling so much but it was a strange pain, one that she kind of liked the feeling of. Her usually ocean blue eyes were now a bright green thanks to some contacts she had bought before the match, but it didn't mind what colour they were, you could still see the life and happiness sparkling in them; something Cedric seemed to be captivated by. 

She kept the Irish flag around her shoulders like a cape and left her green and white Irish make up on. Cedric hadn't been surprised when before the match, he spotted her walking out of her room already made up, her entire face split in the two colours and without hesitation he let her do his. 

Their celebrations suddenly got cut short when a panic-stricken Amos rushed inside the tent. The smile had long been wiped from his face and was replaced with a look of pure terror. A look that even made Natasha stop dancing and start worrying.

"We need to go," He told the two teenagers firmly, "Now!"

That's when Natasha finally heard some of the noise from outside. Earlier on she could hear singing and shouting as the Irish celebrated their win, but now, all she could hear were ear-piercing screams that chilled her to the bone. Without asking any questions, both Hufflepuffs jumped down from the table they were dancing on, grabbing their bags and nothing more they rushed outside.

As soon as they exited, Natasha stopped dead in her tracks. Her eyes widened in fear as she momentarily scanned their surroundings. She could no longer hear laughter, she couldn't even see the fireworks that had been going on earlier. Instead, the night sky had turned a bright orange due to a large amount of tents going up in flames. But what chilled her even more was the crowd of wizards dressed head to toe in black with pointy hoods. Their faces were covered as they walked through the crowd, not caring if they barged into anyone that tried to run from them. They kept chanting something, something Natasha couldn't make out due to the overbearing sound of screams. Their wands were up in the air and much to her horror, floating above them were several people; their screams were the loudest.

"Oh my God," The blonde breathed out, her stomach tightened and she felt like she was going to vomit. 

The tug on her arm brought her back into reality, "Dad had to go help the Ministry," Cedric told her, keeping his firm on her as to not lose sight of the much shorter girl, "We need to leave. Get to the woods, okay?"

Natasha couldn't speak. She felt if she opened her mouth she would either vomit or scream so instead she just nodded. Keeping her grip on her bag and one around Cedric's hand, she let him lead her away from their tent. She was trying her best to block out the screams but nothing seemed to be working. Her heart hammered violently in her chest as she was pushed around, the fear of getting separated from Cedric overtook her as her grip on his hand tightened. 

She didn't know how long they had been jogging through the crowd, but when they finally came to a sudden halt, she realised they were now deep in some woods, where the screams were now muffled. Her hand fell out of Cedric's grasp as her knees finally buckled and she fell to the ground. 

Without hesitation, the older boy knelt down besides her, winding his arms protecting around her as she shook violently. Tears she didn't even notice streaming down her face, mixing the face paints together, "Those people in-in the a-air. They we-were mug-muggles, weren't t-they?" She asked, her voice was shaking more than her as her eyes stayed fixed on the dirty ground below them.

Cedric's frown deepened, "I believe so."

Natasha choked back a sob as Cedric pulled her into his body. None of them knowing what to say, I mean, what could they even say during this time? So, instead of using their words, they simply stayed in each others arms. Natasha gripped tightly onto Cedric's jumper, fearing that if she let go he would disappear into the night and she would never see him again. 

Her vision was blurry from the tears, but she spotted a looming green light over them. Glancing up she felt her heart stop. A bright green skull was in the air with a serpent coming out of its mouth. It wasn't a mark muggles knew of, it was a mark everyone in the wizarding world knew though. And it certainly wasn't good news.