40. SHARING ICE CREAM, JOKES AND OCCASIONAL KISSES

| CHAPTER FORTY |

SHARING ICE CREAM, JOKES AND OCCASIONAL KISSES.

AT THE END OF THE night, Cedric and Natasha walked hand-in-hand to the Hufflepuff common room. She had said goodnight to George as he ushered her off to walk with Cedric, promising that he didn't mind one bit, in fact, he was ecstatic for the pair, the wide grin that seemed to take over Nat's face ever since she and Cedric kissed that night was refreshing to see (since the blonde was usually very emotionless looking whenever she was around others) and even though George had a massive school-boy crush on the blonde, he would never come in between what she and Cedric had. Even though the pair didn't want to admit it (until that night), it was blatantly obvious that there was something between them; something that no one could ever come in between. 

They passed girls who were in tears, boys who were puking (since towards the end of the night, the Weasley twins might have spiked the drinks bowl), couples who were snogging but they didn't pay any attention to any of them. Instead, their eyes were practically glued to one another, their hands super-glued. 

Natasha laughed at a terrible joke Cedric told her before she wrapped her free arm around his bicep, almost hugging his arm as they walked slowly; trying to savour every second of that night for as long as they physically could before they would have to go back to stressing over school work and Cedric's upcoming second task (he had already told her he figured out the golden egg and would have to retrieve an item from the Black Lake, something she seemed to be more worried about than he was).

As the couple walked past the kitchens, Cedric suddenly came to a holt. A lovesick grin plastered on his face as he turned his full attention to Natasha, "How tired are you?"

The blonde shrugged, trying to act as casual as possible, "Not at all."

Cedric couldn't help but grin, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" He questioned, taking his eyes off her to momentarily glance at the portrait of a pear just behind her.

Natasha grinned, "Oh you bet," Tightening her grip on Cedric's palm, Nat turned around and pulled him along with her towards the portrait, both of them wearing matching grins on their faces as they rushed inside, becoming instantly welcomed by the smell of food. 

For the rest of the night, the two sat around on the small couch in the corner, sharing ice cream, jokes and occasional kisses.