12. BECAUSE OF YOU

| CHAPTER TWELVE |

BECAUSE OF YOU.

NATASHA FELT FROZEN IN HER spot. Nicole Fields stood just outside of the wardrobe. Her gorgeous strawberry blonde hair was flowing in neat curls around her shoulders. Her bright blue eyes held no life to them, looking directly at her only daughter with a look of pure hatred. She wore her usual outfit; a buttoned up shirt that was neatly tucked into a high waisted, knee-length skirt with some black kitten heels. 

"It was all your fault."

Natasha felt a shiver running down her spine. Her mother's voice sounded so cold, yet so familiar. It was like she was really there. 

"All your fault," Nicole repeated herself, almost chanting the words by now, "Your fault. It was always your fault. Because of you I'm unhappy. Because of you me and your father are divorced. It's all your fault Natasha. Always and forever."

She tried to blink away the tears, but that didn't work, they still found a way of escaping and were now racing down her cheeks, taking slight residue from her mascara and distributing it under her eyes.  

"You were a mistake. A freak of a mistake," She sneered, taking a step forwards.

"Natasha," Professor Lupin's voice was soft and gentle, breaking her out of her trance, "Riddikulus," He said in a hushed voice, ready to jump in if the blonde got too overwhelmed.

Her hands shook as she pointed her wand at her mum, well, at the Boggart that impersonated her mother. A tear slipped past her lip, leaving a salty taste in her mouth but she didn't care, "R-Riddikulus!" Natasha yelled, using all the power she could. 

The Boggart began to change right in front of her eyes, but she didn't stay long enough to see what it would become, running out of the classroom after grabbing her bag. She refused to make eye contact with anyone as she ran through the corridors, the tears still running down her pale face. Natasha didn't even look up as she rounded a corner, resulting in a collision with a hard chest, "Sorry," She said in a rushed voice, not even daring to look up as she tried to walk past the person but they caught her arm.

"Fields?"

Natasha swore under her breath. With her head turned away from Cedric, she used the back of her free hand to wipe as many tears off that she could, "Diggory," She said, clearing her throat.

"What's going on?" He asked, his voice full of worry.

"Nothing," Natasha shrugged, keeping her head down and using her golden locks as a curtain, "I just wasn't looking where I was going. Sorry, I better go now."

"Natasha..." That was the first time he had used her first name; something that caught her by surprise. 

She couldn't control it anymore. More tears escaped her ocean blue eyes and without even thinking she threw herself into his arms, catching him by surprise. When he regained his composure, he hesitantly wrapped his arms around the shorter girl as she tightened her grip on his robes, pushing her face deeper into his chest.

Cedric couldn't help but feel worried. The Natasha Fields was standing in the middle of an empty corridor, hugging the life out of him as her shoulders shook; indicating that she was crying, hard. She didn't seem to care about if anyone walked past. She didn't even seem to care that she was smudging her neatly done makeup. 

"Do you...Do you want to talk about it?" He asked after several minutes of just standing there. He didn't know why, but seeing the blonde like that broke his heart and made his entire body feel heavy; maybe he was coming down with something?

"No," Natasha's voice was muffled by Cedric's robes, but he could still hear her clearly, "I want to go and eat my feelings."