19. YES, SIR

| CHAPTER NINETEEN |

YES, SIR.

NATASHA LET OUT A YAWN, she didn't realise just how tired she was until she, Cedric and his father (Amos DIggory) were standing around waiting for the Weasleys to join them. Well, only Amos and Nat were standing around, the Quidditch captain was currently sitting up in the tree, looking down at the top of their heads. His grey eyes lingering on the golden haired girl as she conversed every so often with his father. It was strange, she didn't usually get on that well with adults, but it felt easy talking to Amos, his whole presence made her feel at ease.

She really wasn't surprised about how many times she had yawned already (it was far too many to keep count, mind you), she really couldn't sleep the night before, the excitement of seeing the Quidditch World Cup was overwhelming and the reality of it seemed to only hit her the night before. Not to mention, the fact that she was going to spend the next two nights with Cedric Diggory and hi father. She didn't exactly why but that thought kept her up too.

After a while, a pack of people were spotted approaching. Natasha instantly recognised most of them as the Weasley's - Fred and George who were the Beaters on the Gryffindor Quiddditch team. Ron, who was a year below her and always seemed to stare at her wide eyed as she sat in the Great Hall. Ginny, who was two years younger and Natasha only saw every so often. And their father who Natasha didn't know at all but had heard about - as well as Hermione Granger and Harry Potter. 

As soon as Amos spotted them, he grinned and called them over, waving his hand enthusiastically at the older redhead man, "Arthur! It's about time son."

Arthur Weasley smiled sheepishly, "Sorry Amos, some of us had a bit of a sleepy start," He eyed Ron and Harry before gesturing to Amos, "This is Amos Diggory everyone, he works with me at the Ministry."

Just as he said that, Natasha jumped in her skin as Cedric leapt down from the tree, grinning when he spotted her expression.

"And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?"

"Yes, sir," Cedric nodded, leaning forwards to shake the redhead man's hand.

Arthur's eyes then landed on Natasha. She felt herself looking at him worriedly, her smile twitching, "And you must be Natasha Fields?"

She couldn't hide her surprised look from her face. No one had ever actually known her, especially not in the wizarding world, "Yes, sir, that's me," She said, shaking off her confusion as she placed her hand into Arthur's outstretched one. She watched as his smile widened, his eyes watching her with intrigue.

"Your parents are Muggles, I believe?"

Natasha nodded, biting her lip.

"That's incredibly fascinating," Arthur beamed, his eyes wide with excitement, "What is it that they do?"

Natasha couldn't help the warm feeling that spread through her body. No one had ever been so interested in the fact that she was a Muggleborn, most people just brushed it off or belittled her for it, she had never received such a reaction before (not even from Grace who was shell-shocked to find out Muggleborns actually exist). She glanced over to her side, noticing Amos talking to Harry whilst Cedric conversed with the twins; his gaze softly moving to her every few seconds.

"Oh, nothing exciting," Natasha finally replied, "My dad's a businessman and my mum's a lawyer."

Arthur's smile didn't falter, "That does sound exciting," He grinned, "I would love to hear more about it one day, I'm sure Molly - my wife - would love for you to come for dinner one day, the twins would love that too, talk about you practically non--"

"Dad!"The twins hissed simultaneously, their cheeks matching their hair colour as they nudged their father away from the blonde, "I thought you said we had to get going," Fred scoffed.

Arthur clasped his hands together, nodding frantically, "Why yes, of course. Shall we?"