21. CRYING MAKES YOU WEAK

| CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE |

CRYING MAKES YOU WEAK.

NATASHA COULDN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT what had happened at the Quidditch World Cup. She had a feeling she was going to be thinking about the event for a long time afterwards, but she never expected it to be because of what she witness, she thought she would've just been overly excited that she went to see it. Yet now, she almost felt regret for going. How could she go there and enjoy herself when the plan was for Voldemort's followers to attack all of the muggles? It made her sick to her stomach. 

As soon as she returned back home she went straight up to her bedroom and stayed there for the rest of the week. She couldn't bring herself to eat, to talk to anyone and even her makeup bag laid untouched on her dresser. She couldn't even sleep; anytime her eyes closed all she could see were the muggles floating in the air, not only that, but she could still hear their pained screams echoing in her ears. 

It was hard being a Muggleborn in a wizarding world, but it was even harder being the muggle parents and it wasn't fair for them to get treated so badly purely on their blood status. 

Her mum hadn't noticed the sudden change in her daughter's behaviour. How could she if she never even knew what her daughter was like normally? Instead, she scoffed at her for not brushing her hair before leaving the room and not being seen again. She didn't even bother to ask Natasha about the Quidditch game or if she was excited about starting her new year at Hogwarts. No, why would she? It's not like it was interesting to her. Those kinds of actions always made Nat think, what if she was a Pureblood? Would her parents be more open to her? Would they care more about her? Talk to her more about her school and magic even if they weren't interested on that day? Or would they be the exact opposite and instead of hating wizards would they hate muggles? 

She shook her head, as if she was getting rid of those thoughts, when she suddenly felt something wet cascading down her cheek. Reaching her hand upwards, Nat wiped away the stray tear that managed to escape her eyes, 'crying makes you weak, Natasha', she could practically hear her father's words being sneered into her ears. 

Taking in a deep, shaky breath, Natasha finally pushed herself up off her bed. She was going back to Hogwarts in three days time and she still hadn't packed (normally whenever she was going back there, she'd had already been packed well over a month before). Throwing her long locks up into a messy bun (she could hear her mother scoffing at her for that) she began to get to work on packing, hoping it would help her not to think about the World Cup.