18. I DON'T MIND

| CHAPTER EIGHTEEN |

I DON'T MIND.

NATASHA FIELDS WAS BUZZING ABOUT going to the Quidditch World Cup. It wasn't en event she had ever seen due to being a muggleborn. Her parents never even dared to listen to the blonde as she spoke fondly about the wizarding sport, instead they called it 'barbaric' and went off to do some 'business calls' (in reality Nat knew they were just trying to get away from her).

She couldn't help but look at herself in the mirror for the tenth time in the last five minutes. Why on earth was she so bothered about how she looked? It's not like she looked any different to before. Her makeup was the exact same as she usually did; foundation to cover all imperfections. Perfectly done winged eyeliner with a layer of jet black mascara to make her eye pop. Her favourite cherry red lipstick stained her lips and a light layer of blush covered her cheeks. The only difference was the fact that her golden locks had gotten slightly longer over the summer and were flowing down her back in loose curls (her mother hated when Natasha kept her hair curly, but over the summer the blonde Hufflepuff had grown to love it, she even threw away her straighter; but she wasn't sure if that was to annoy her mother or to change up her look - either way, Nicole Fields was more than pissed off). 

She heard the doorbell go off and her heart started beating faster. She looked back at her reflection once more, "You've got this," Natasha muttered to herself, "Why are you so nervous? Just don't make a fool out of yourself and you'll be fine."

The doorbell rang again.

The noise snapped her out of her thoughts as she raced out of her bedroom, a shoulder bag swung over her body. She grabbed some shoes on the way out of her bedroom, holding them tightly in her hand as she ran through the ginormous house. Thanks to being a Quidditch player, by the time she reached the front door she wasn't wheezing for air. 

Inhaling deeply, Natasha subconsciously smoothed out her clothes (even though there wasn't as much as one wrinkle anywhere on them) before swinging the door open. As soon as Cedric's eyes landed on her, his smile widened, his eyes lit up as he glanced down at the shorter girl, "Your hair's longer."

Natasha was taken aback by the comment. Most people comment on the side of the house or how 'posh and beautiful' it looks (their words not hers), but not Cedric. He didn't even glance inside of the house curiously, instead his grey eyes were purely focused on the blonde girl, nothing else. 

"And curlier," Natasha finally spoke, realising that she hadn't said anything at all.

Cedric nodded, the grin still present on his lips, "Yeah. I like it."

"Thanks," The blonde muttered, subconsciously going to touch some of her golden locks. She bit her lip as to keep in the widest grin her face had ever felt like showing. Why on earth did she suddenly feel so flustered and giddy around the older boy? 

"Are you ready?" His voice once again snapped her from her daydream, "Sorry it's so early and I hope you don't mind, but we've got to meet with the Weasley's. We're taking the same Portkey, you see."

Natasha grinned, nodding her head, "I don't mind."

"Perfect."