HO 18

Chapter 18:  Fatima's Story

Bumukas ang pinto ng kwarto ko at iniluwa si Angel.

"Fatima gaga wala na us stock pagkain," nakabusangot na saad niya.

I forgot about that, I am thinking of something lately not to remember that we don't have foods stock.

"Let's buy then," sabi ko at tumayo sa kama.

~*~

Habang namimili kami ng karne dito sa meat station I saw a familiar person at the fruit station. I can't see his face because we are facing his back.

Is it him?

Iniwan ko si Angel na sinisinghot ang karne at lumapit sa lalake. I hope I'm just hallucinating, pumunta ako sa harap niya at kunwari pumipili ng prutas at pasimpleng tumingin sa mukha niya.

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened. Eveything came back to me when I was college. From that day after the finals to the day of my son's death. I forgot everything as in everything that all I wanted to do is to hurt this man.

My tears started falling and I throw him everything that I touch. He was shocked but I can't see any emotions after he composed his posture.

"How dare you! After what you did you never find me bastard, you fucking asshole! Hah, hinayupak kang animal na damuho kang lalake ka!" sigaw ko at nakakaattract na ako ng attention sa mga tao. Ang iba pinagbubulungan pa ako. Pero lahat ng attention ko nakatuon sa lalakeng kaharap ko.

"If you found me, my son will never die you asshole motherfucker!" I saw a glint of emotion but he just shove it away and his eyes became cold again.

Hinahayaan niya lang ako na pagbabatuhin siya ng prutas. I am crying and shouting like an idiot.

"Nang dahil sa'yo namatay ang anak-" I  cut off when Angel hold me.

She dragged me and apologized to that bastard. Hindi na ako nakaangal dahil panghihina, sa galit, frustation at pagsisisi.

We reached Karen kaya pumasok ako at doon umiyak ng todo. I was never this vulnerable before. I became cold after my son died but that incident was just the entrance of this kind of my personality, my coldness.

"What happened ba out there?" Angel asked while caressing my back.

"He was the father of my son-" I was cut off when she vociferated "-Gago pala that tao! Mapatay nga that person," I hold her then continued talking. I told Angel before about my son that Clark was the reason why I became an assassin and that I did not know the name of his father. But I never told her everything.

Maybe today I will let myself to be helpless because sometimes it's difficult not to express what I felt.

"It started when we finished our final examination in college. Konti na lang gragraduate na ako noon. But that same day my friends convinced me to join them to go to the bar in that night. At first, I hesitated but they are persistent so I came with them at the end," I started.

I tried my best not to sob remembering those moments of my life. I took Psychology when I was college that's why sometimes it's not hard for me to read and determine the person's emotion.

"At the bar, I just ate junk foods but they insisted me to drink some liquors and again they are very persistent so I drink one. Until that one became unaccountable and I did not know myself already. I danced at the dance floor like an idiot while holding a bottle of hard liquor. When I was about to collapse someone hold my waist. I think because of the hotness of my body I started kissing him aggressively," I wiped my tears using my thumb and while Angel is caressing my hair now.

"Ang hard you pala gaga, sge continue," Angel bursted. Tinignan ko lang siya ng masama bago magpatuloy.

"To my shocked he responded and brought me somewhere without breaking the kiss. Later I found out that we were already at his car and we did that thing. Pagkagising ko wala na akong saplot except his coat na naka latag sa katawan ko. I saw him sleeping peacefully at the driver's seat that morning. Because of panicked I immediately wear my clothes but my panties were ripped and stained with blood so I decided not to wear any," mahaba kong alintana.

"Gaga you, HAHAHA dapat you wear na lang his briefs, dba? Sige sige continue imong dear Charo," natatawa niyang sambit.

I just stared at her coldly but my tears started falling again when I remembered what happened next.

"Months had past and I found out that I was pregnant. My parents told me to abort the child but I refused. My son has nothing to do with my mistakes. My friends found out and started backstabbing me. They said na nasa loob and kulo ko daw, may tinatagong landi ang role model ng school at kung anu- ano pa," napahinto ako dahil nagngitngit ng ngipin si Angel.

"Ang gagaling naman your friends before gaga, mas thick pa the ugali to kulugo and mas plactic pa to upuan I sold sa junkshop noon," inis niyang sambit.

"I can't take the consequences of my actions so I dropped school and went from Davao to Marikina. I raised my son before on my own my and sadly my baby died," I explained and started crying.

"Sge ilabas mo lang 'yan," Angel said.

"I thought I can tell this to someone without losing even a single tear but I'm weak," inis kong saad.

Sumeryoso si Angel bago magsalita.

"Crying means you're strong inside. Our eyes speaks for ourselves where our mouths cannot tell it in words," Angel stated causing me to sob harder.

This is the last time I'll cry for my son and my life before.