HO 40

Chapter 40: The truth

Odette's POV

Hours have past since that guy Wolf left but his position is still the same. His head is at the ground and not moving but I can hear him breathing.

"Enough, we need to get out of here before he came back with Gregory Trinity, Lion," I muttered and I succeeded to get his attention because he stared at me.

"Don't call me Lion we're not close," inis niyang saad.

Bwisit na ito.

"Ano ba pwede ba mamaya kana magdrama dahil kailangan nating makalabas dito!" sigaw ko.

Naiinis na ako ah kanina pa 'tong hayop na ito.

"WALA KANG ALAM-" I cut him off "-hayop ka anong walang alam nang dahil sa'yo namatay ang anak ko!" napairap ako matapos kong sabihin iyun. Oh god nahahawa na ako kay Sierra. Dapat kasi cold ako eh pero ngayon ang taray ko na, tsk, kasalanan 'to ni Sierra eh.

"What do you mean woman?" he uttered with a scrutinizing look.

"N-nothing don't mind me," mahina kong pahayag nang marealize ko ang sinabi ko.

"Tell me woman, you think I forget what you did at the torture room?" galit niyang pahayag.

Maybe he has the right to know, dba? I admit I have my fault in hiding myself before. Who knows maybe he look for me? Or not? Anyway hindi ko naman sasabihin na ako si Fatima, it's not part of the infos regarding his connection with me, only my dead son.

"It was fourteen years ago when I met a man in a bar, we kissed and make out at his car. Then in the morning when I woke up, because of my panicked I left him alone at the car and the man was you bastard. You became a father but not for too long because my son died because of a terrorist attacked,"  I told him.

He looked shocked.

"Y-you're that girl?  My first? And you are also F-fatima? I-I'm sorry, but how? I thought you died almost three years ago?" naguguluhan niyang sambit.

The heck? He knew me all along before?

"What do you mean? And how do you know I was Fatima?" tanong ko pabalik.

He sighed and trust me I saw how his face softened.

"When you became an Assassin, brought by Mateo nearly nine years ago. You caught my attention so I researched everything about you. I found out that your son I mean our son died but I never knew that you were that girl at that bar before," malumanay niyang paliwanag.

Alam niya na may napatay akong anak?

"What! You knew? Then why the hell you didn't tell-" he interrupted me "- because I don't know that I was the father!"

Teka bakit ko pala tinatanong kung bakit hindi niya ako sinabihan? All he knew was my son died but he never know that I was the girl he met at the bar, right? Tsaka bakit niya ako sasabihan na alam niya close ba kami?

"Hold on, why did I caught your attention?" I asked.

"Because I love you," he mumbled.

Wait, kung sinabihan niya ako noon pa edi nagkakilala na ka--the hell ano daw? May saltik ba 'to?

"Anong I love you? Walang hiya ka! Alam mo ba na kung sinabihan mo ako noon yang nararamdaman mo edi sana makikita kita at makikilala hah!"
inis kong sigaw.

"How come you're alive? I saw the footage, I saw how the knife was pushed by that motherfucker to your mouth that caused of your death? And your body and face it all changed," he stated, hindi man lang pinansin ang sinabi ko, psh.

Why do he care? We don't have anymore reasons to care each other.

"None of your business," irap ko.

He clenched his jaw before talking.

"I care because I love Fatima, I love you!" he exclaimed.

Kanina pa 'tong hayop na 'to eh. Anong mahal niya ako, we never met after what happened in the bar before. At ngayon lang kami nagkita na si Odette na ako. It was long time ago already, don't tell me it's love at first sex? Ano ito? Gaguhan?

"Fatima's dead already, I'm Odette now so ibaon mo na rin iyan kung ano man ang nararamdaman mong iyan para sa'kin," seryoso kong pahayag.

I saw a glint of pain on his eyes but I did not mind it.

"Now let's get back to business, you need to cooperate with me so we can get the hell out of here," I uttered.

I scan the thing that they used to tied us. It's a thick chain but I think the blade of my resurrection chain can cut it.

Tumayo ako at tumalon palayo sa kanya.

"Raise your hands," I commanded him.

Inis naman niyang itinaas ito. I jump and streched my left hand causing my weapon to come out and aim straight ahead. I step at the wall but before I fell to the ground I  add more force to the chain, then I heard sparks before I found myself at the flat surface.

Shit, that kinda hurts, napansin kong nasa gilid ko na siya at tinulungan akong tumayo.

"Are you okay," nag aalala niyang tanong.

"Yes just break this goddamn chain," I said and he did.

He used my blade to break it then we both stood up. Now we're free.