Just the beginning

Holding onto an annoyed sigh, Cat sent a glare at the men holding guns still standing in her office. She still managed to keep her confidence as she sipped her cup which left a small drop of the cold coffee fall delicately onto her green shirt. She hadn't even noticed and continued to speak.

"You're either brave or stupid to come here, they will come you know!"

One of the three men towered over her desk causing her to gulp and stand up quickly dropping her glasses on the table. He readjusted his black mask and chuckled still making sure he could still breathe comfortably in it.

"Now Kitty cat, can't you see your little  hero too busy tonight." He pointed out Gesturing to the news feed with the tip of his gun.

The many monitors that cat had above her desk showed Supergirl going up against a red looking alien, throwing fire from its head directly at the girl. It didn't look good from their angle. Her suit had stayed in perfect place but the large cuts and soot on her face implied that she wasn't on her way to rescue cat grant.

Despite being worried that supergirl would clearly never make it in time she put on a fake smile her heart still beating like mad.

———-

You stopped watching over super girl, knowing that she could fight for herself. The small gasps and loud beating heart caught your attention turning you around to the catco building standing tall above the city. You got closer inspecting it closely using x ray vision to see clearly through the closed blinds of her office.

You shot off in the direction letting yourself in through the open window. You stayed quiet thinking about the safest way to go around this.

But then again you weren't good at that.

"Oh Hello fellas," you spoke grinning as they spun around locking their guns in your direction now. you glanced at The woman trying to get her attention silently waving your hand in a get down motion. She tilted her head to her desk and nodded as she placed herself safely under it of course still with her confidence.

"Now, put your weapons down." They immediately shoot, bullets zooming straight at you. You don't even bother moving, you sigh watching them bounce of you and even hitting one of the men causing him to collapse to the floor with a piercing scream. "They never do learn." You whispered under your breath taking on the two left.

you block one of the smallest men that you had ever seen in your life. You chuckled when he started to swing a knife at you. suddenly you had the knife in your hand before it had even had time to touch your suit. Jerking him by the arm, you sent him into the window behind you resulting in the glass shattering, the small gasp of the woman couldn't been hear over the sound of his screaming.

Another loud bang went off. Looking down you dusted of your suit where the bullet had been shot.

You glared over to the last man standing who by the looks of it was about to piss himself. His shakes were almost unnoticeable but his heart was deafening.

Before he could take another shot you stood tall infront of him. Taking his gun and bending it.  Before quickly knocking his knee causing him to crash to the floor with the others.

"Ms. Grant?" You called, seeing the woman stand up after hearing the last of them fall to the ground. "So I'm guessing the police are in their way?" You smiled seeing her tuck her mobile into the pocket of her skirt. 

With that the police are already storming in taking the men and placing them in cuffs. You had noticed a quick smile of appreciation from Maggie. You smiled back handing of the last of them with a hard grip of the mans arm.

You let them finish talking to cat before you turn to her direction. "Ms. Grant, are you okay?" You asked softly letting your eyes wonder to unsure that she hadn't been hurt.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine you could have been here a bit sooner" Cat raised an eyebrow.

"Unbelievable" you muttered under her breath causing her to watch you take your eyes of her a small fraction of her confidence fading. "I should be going, will you be okay here?" You asked politely, you were a hero of course.

"Yeah the city needs you CaptainSuper" she cleared her throat and waved you off, you jumped off the open balcony and left.

Getting back to the apartment was tiring but the look on Kara's face was surprising. "Where did you go, I was worried?" She hit you with tea towel in her hand as she helped herself to home made brownies (which you couldn't believe the small girl could even make).

"Me? You were the one that took on a big ass scary looking alien, I had bullets and cat grant" you shrugged taking the brownie out of her hand and eating it in one go as you went to your room to change.

"Cat grant? My boss?" You could hear her call out already knowing she was crinkling up her brows.

"That's the one" you smiled re entering the room after a quick change and plopping yourself on the sofa taking her new brownie and eating that too. She sat next to you crossing her arms and glaring.

"Well what I mean is your new boss" she whispered, causing you to choke on the brownie.