Chapter 13

Sorry for not updating in a while! I had a weird idea at 3 am, like a book idea, so I've been writing this book constantly.... Not only that but my mental health has been all over the place for the past few weeks.

Unedited 

Enjoy~~

"Lotor is doing everything he can to get to Keith and Sophia." Lance sighed, dragging his hands down his face, his nails digging into his skin as stress filled him. "We can't even walk out on the streets without being targeted by one of his members." 

Hunk, who stood across from Lance with his arms crossed, listened to his best friend. He was stressing out, and if didn't find a way to cope with it, he was going to go back into old habits. 

"Hunk, I don't know what to do." Lance admitted. "I can't lock them in the house and tell them not to go anywhere. I can't take away their freedom like that." He could feel his hands start to shake slightly, but his hands formed a fist, trying to ignore the urge to light up a cigarette. "What kind of father am I? What kind of husband am I? I can't-" 

"Lance." Hunk interrupted. "Take a breather buddy. We're going to figure everything out. You're doing everything you can to protect them."

"Am I?" Lance whispered. 

Hunk stayed silent, not knowing how to comfort his friend anymore. 

"I'm going to go for a walk or something." Lance muttered, shoving his hands in his jean pockets, walking to the door. "Let Keith know will you." 

"Yeah, sure." Hunk replied, a frown appearing on his face as he watched Lance leave the room. 

"Poor guy is going to stress out even more." 

. . . .

In the forest, Sophia had a blade in between her fingers, eyeing the tree in front of her with a deadly look in her eyes. 

She took a deep breath, holding it as she let the blade fly from her fingers, hitting her target. 

She let out her breath, a smile taking over her face as she turned in a circle. Multiple blades were in the tree's that surrounded her. 

She had never told anyone about this before, but there was just something about throwing blades that calmed her. It was her coping mechanism in some type of way. This or shooting a bow an arrow. 

She closed her eyes for a moment, just listening to the leaves rustling in the wind, birds chirping and the sound of a waterfall. 

Waterfall? 

Sophia eyes opened, looking in the direction of where she heard the waterfall. She then looked behind her, where the house was. 

To go or to stay? She pondered for a moment, biting her lip as she did so. 

Go. 

The wind picked up, blowing her hair. 

Her feet moved forward, going to find the waterfall. She grabbed her blade out of the tree, just in case. 

Sophia could see a clearing come into view, followed by the waterfall. She let out a gasp at the sight in front of her. 

The water was so clear you could see the little fish swimming. The sand was a light pink, gorgeous rocks buried beneath it. 

A whimper caught the girls attention making Sophia look over. 

A black and white wolf lied near the water, on it's side making the girl worry. She bit her lip once again and slowly moved towards it.