Chapter 1

"Mommy..."

"yes Izuku?" Inko asked her four year old son as she took a pause from making dinner.

"What's a colour?"

Huh?

"In school, Kacchan called me a Deku because I couldn't recognize the colours..."

Izuku asked her with his two large eyes almost sparkling with worry. Inko didn't know how to react so she picked up an apple and presented it to her son.

"What colour is this Izuku?"

It was a normal royal gala apple, red and ripe, but the child couldn't answer her question.

"I don't know..."

"huh..." she looked around and remembered her son had some coloring pencils on his desk as he would use them for writing a lot. She quickly got them and put them out in a line before her son and placed the apple down.

"Now Izuku, out of these colouring pencils, which one looks like the apple?"

"Umm..." Izuku's hand hovered uncertainly above all the crayons before picking up the navy blue one and gave it to Inko.

She looked at him in concern before smiling.

"That's okay, I just need to make a quick call to the eye doctor okay?"

Izuku nodded and Inko got up to hook an appointment.

Now that I think about it it, Izuku has never asked me about colours before and he has also never commented on it either. He always had just described the shape.

She sighed as she booked the appointment. Maybe it was something to do with his quirk that hasn't come out yet? She'll book an appointment to the quirk doctor after if that was the case.

Izuku was still looking around as he couldn't figure out what he was supposed to see.

The lighter one is called white and the dark one is called black. The ones in between are shades of grey.

Who is this?

Well it seems you finally hear me

Huh?

Well, I'm you in a way. I guess I'm called a quirk.

Oh I see, so what is my quirk?

I... Don't know... Well I'll explain as I go along I guess. I'm currently too weak for you to do anything, I'm just a voice for now I guess.

Oh I see...

The week passed with Izuku talking to... Izuku....and by the time he had gotten friendly with his other self, he was already receiving results from the eye doctor.

"As you suspected Mrs Midoriya, you're son can only see in monochrome."

"I understand...." Inko nodded not sure how to react.

"Mommy it's okay, I don't mind." Izuku smiled as he patted his mother's arm. She returned the smile before giving her boy a hug and they left waving goodbye.

Another week passed but it was more rough than usual. His friend Katsuki Bakugou, Kacchan, had found out about his eyesight and the teasing only got worse.

The voice even offered to 'eliminate' him but Izuku told him it was okay, he was use to it already. Plus, with this Izuku, he didn't feel so lonely at school.

Walking through the front door as he spoke to Izuku, Izuku noticed something as he saw Inko.

"Mommy.... Is that a colour on you?"

Inko intuition immediately gave her son full attention.

"Where?"

Izuku pointed at the area, "there's a leaf shaped thing there that reminds me of autumn."

Inko looked a little shocked as she put her hand over the area.

That area has been hurting a while... She thought as she looked at her curious son.

"Then mommy will go to the doctor to see why it's like that then okay? Would you like to come with me?"

Izuku lit up, he liked the hospital because all the nurses were super nice to him. They said nice things like how his eyes were like a puppy's. He didn't get it but he liked puppies so it was fun.

"I want to go!!!"

She smiled and made sure everything was turned off before putting down the apron and held her son's hand before they walked to the local hospital.

Hey, I know this is random but you should eat the colored part.

What?! Eat? You mean, cut mommy open and eat the colour?! I can't do that!

But I want to eat it...

Why?

I don't know.... But it's so pretty. Oh! That's called orange!

Woah, so that colour is the same as the yummy fruit?

Yeah!

That's so cool!

So... Will I be able to eat it?

No!!!

Okay....

They arrived at the hospital and when Inko explained what was going on, the doctor showed her away for an examination while Izuku sat on a nurse's lap getting his head patted.

You shouldn't eat people. Villains do that.

But I feel like if I did, I could do anything...

Do you mean my quirk is eating people?!

No? It's more eating the colours because I don't find those other people tasty...

But those colours are people?

So?! I'm hungryyyyyyyy

I'll eat extra katsudon when we get home okay Izuku?

Fine....

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH" A piercing scream rattled through the hospital ward and the nurse who Izuku sat on jumped and set him down before running to the sound.

Izuku secretly followed out of curiosity and before he knew it, he was looking into absolute chaos.

The doctors who went to scan Inko were all dead on the floor and Inko herself was on a surgery table with her stomach area cut open exposing the liver.

Apparently there was a part of it infected but it could be easily treated by having frequent slices cut off and giving time for good cells to regenerate.

But no one could've known the fact that this specific infection was not only contagious, but it killed those who breathe it in immediately.

The result was all the doctors in the operation room died and all the others who ran in, started to die too.

Inko was knocked out but Izuku knew well she was going to die with her side gaping like that.

I think I need to eat it now

But it's mommy!

But the other people in the hospital! At this rate, everyone is going to die!!

Izuku stood still as he made a decision no four year old should as he looked at the pile of dead bodies.

Okay...