Chapter 12

"I'm glad people like you still exist."

The boy with two colored hair was the one who called most of the heroes over and when he came back to see Deku being held by the face, he immediately sent a wave of ice to separate them.

Stain let go of Deku who lost his footing and slipped on the ice. But before he could fall, the boy who sent the ice caught him and against his feeble protests, carried him away.

"You're really cold!" Deku shivered as the ice cold skin sent chills down his spine.

The boy looked awkward for a moment and the second layer, Deku felt warm again.

"Huh?"

"Don't tell anyone ok?" the boy said as he looked at him with begging eyes. "I'd rather not use my fire side."

"Umm... Okay?" Deku agreed but his mind spun at the logic.

If you had fire, then why didn't you use it?

"Why?"

Innocent curiosity and large begging eyes made the other halt before replying with some mumbling.

"Umm... I guess I don't like it that much. It belongs to someone so... I hate it"

"What?!" Deku exclaimed confused. "That's so dumb..."

"You won't understand" he replied through gritted teeth.

"Yeah I really don't... It's your quirk so your power isn't it?" he stated. "If it belongs to someone else then you wouldnt have it would you?" his voice got more and more sarcastic as he got annoyed.

"Gosh that's so stupid." he crossed his arms as all he did was literally say the obvious.

He huffed as he was set down and the two colour haired boy had a really dumb look on his face as the blue head kid bowed an apology to him. The other hero thanked him too from his stretcher and Deku gave a bow replying that he was just happened to pass by so he helped.

"... like these two."

The two kids then scratched their heads and corrected him.

"wait... You're heroes in training?!"

Deku gasped as he then looked closer and saw their flashy outfits were definitely not just casual store bought stuff. But in Hosu with its crazy number of weird shops, their costumes weren't out of the normal.

But that only ticked Deku off as his mother instinct pulled through and he started to lecture the two students.

"Okay then, one! You, Mr engines for legs!" The student stood up straight as he wasn't prepared to receive a lecture. Let alone one that sounded like it came right out of a mother's mouth.

"All you did was yell about revenge and completely ignored the fact an injured person was nearby when you entered the fight. That was stupid and you can't do that!"

The boy nodded and Deku sighed. "In another situation where you're thrown into a fight like that, the innocent civilian that you ignored might have died and in the end, you couldn't fight because your head wasn't clear.

His face softened and patted the student's head when he gave a look of regret.

"Good, you understand. And you Mr I only use ice!"

Todoroki also stood up straight, not use to a motherly lecture at all. "You're right, I have no idea what you have gone through and honestly I don't particularly care. I'm a stranger so I'll just state the obvious but everyone has their problems. Avoiding them is not going to help you. You want to be a hero right? The face the problem head on!"

Before he could give a scenario, the number two hero Endeavor as well as another hero who seemed to be the engine boy's mentor stomped over to give each of the two boys their personal lectures too.

Since they were distracted and Deku had everyone's backs were turned, the monochrome boy backed away a little and stood in the shadows.

Can you help?

Yup.

Izuku teleported back to the hiding spot where Toga hugged him and Dabi ruffled his hair.

"Deku you were so cool!" Toga shrilled before taking his hand and they started to walk off. They had to leave the area as soon as possible after all.

Dabi leaned down close to Deku's face and whispered as they escaped from the scene, "thanks."

They got away and sighed from the eventful day, they wanted rest and to just sleep until tomorrow but Toga had different ideas as she stopped and pointing up a building at figures on a roof.

"I wanna go see!"

Dabi shrugged and Deku nodded as Izuku took control again and teleported them to hide behind an air vent so they could see the figures.

"It's the guy on the news last time!" Toga exclaimed quietly and Dabi nodded.

"The... League right? The League of Villains."

They continued to watch them as one of the guys took a step back.

"Woah I didn't even see him just now! He's just purple mist!"

"I wonder if it's a side effect of his quirk..."

"He's hard to see in the dark, he's like a shadow."

"Like you because you're a burnt nugget?"

"Shut it bimbo, at least I can hide unlike you."

"Hey! I can hide! Isn't it Deku? Dabi's being mean, only Deku loves me." She huffed before her attention changed again.

"He disappeared!"

The people who stood there were enveloped in the mist before just completely dissappearing.

"Well...okay?" Dabi shrugged before he stood up and stretched.

"Should we follow?" Toga's eyes were lit up and they didn't really know.

I don't see why not, I've eaten enough this past week to locate them.

What about the mattress and other stuff?

Aaaand.... I got them in storage.

You're just as curious as Toga...

Well I like knowing the answers to my questions.

Well I like leaning new things too I guess...

So.....?

Let's go.

With Dabi's hand in his right and Toga's in his left, Izuku gave a little giggle as he concentrated on tracking.

"We are SO following them!"