Chapter 32

"We can still be a hero."

Toga heard the murmur from Deku but didn't say anything as she technically still hadn't walked into the room. Her exceptional hearing was the reason she just happened to catch it but the mutter shook her to the core.

Deku wouldn't leave me and Dabi and our villain family....

Right?

Instead of running to her love for hugs and cuddles, she turned back around to focus on her mission at hand. She had only returned for a cuddle anyway...

Magne was looking around by meeting with her friends and Spinner disguised himself in plain sight as the two dug up information.

There seemed to be no one who the League wanted to add until Twice told them the news. It was a big catch as he had encountered someone called Overhaul.

"Who?" asked Toga as she didn't remember this person and Deku smiled

"He's part of the mafia." Deku explained from Tomura's lap. He then opened the vast knowledge in his mind before reciting the information.

"His followers are a group of rambunctious thieves... He might actually be the perfect kind of crazy to be recruited."

The others nodded in agreement and the next day, Twice talked with Overhaul and the latter agreed to meet with the League. The League of Villains (except for Dabi and Spinner and Deku) then left and met at an unmarked warehouse where Twice introduced Overhaul to the others.

Impressed, Tomura congratulated Twice for finding such a good recruit but the statement was met with mockery.

Magne, who wasn't there when Deku explained who Overhaul was, questioned the mafia leader with venom in her voice. She didn't like how Overhaul made fun of Tomura but her leader revealed that All For One had once showed him a picture of the young Yakuza Captain of the Shie Hassaikai.

"What's a Yakuza?" Toga asked tilting her head to the side and letting her buns floof a bit.

"They are relics from a time before the age of heroes." Mr Compress explained and Magne asked if Overhaul was riding the high after All Might's retirement.

Their potential recruit then changed his tone of voice as he explained that the fall of All For One is more significant. Yakuza elders revered and feared All For One but they've learned of his recent downfall.

"There is no king of light or darkness anymore!"

Tomura was annoyed to be reminded of his master's capture but instead held his arms out. "I will become the next king of the underworld!"

The was a moment of silence before he asked for Overhaul's plan. The Yakuza explained that power is useless without a plan and Tomura "wasted first-class pawns" and started to name names like "Stain", "Muscular, and" Moonfish".

Toga was getting increasingly upset. Not only was Deku's words weighing her mind, but her idol Stain, and two other family members Muscular and Moonfish, were called pawns by some idiot with a beak in his hands.

It hurt but she didn't make a noise as she waited the conversation out.

"You should come under my wing instead!" Overhaul proposed but Tomura told him to leave, also upset when the two members of his league were mentioned.

Magne, as quiet as she was at home, could no longer take her family being sh*t talked to and refused to submit to Overhaul before raising her weapon and attacked.

Overhaul saw it coming and quickly defended himself, his hand whizzing up to make contact with the angry big sis.

"....."

Toga and Twice watched as Magne's torso dissappeared and it didn't sink in until a wave of blood splattered across the their cheeks.

"Magne...?" Toga asked as she walked forward.

"Big sis Magne?"

There was rage in Toga as the realization of what happened sunk in and tears wanted to swell. Twice was crying and laughing before a whimper of anguish escaped his lungs.

Before Toga could whip out her knife, Mr Compress rushed into action but was shot with something which didn't let his quirk activate.

"What did y-?!!"

Unable to keep up, Toga watched as Overhaul blew Compress's left arm clean off and blood dripped down the show man's arm.

Tomura, unable to keep silent anymore, reflexively reached out to attack Overhaul, kill intent completely loose and his body jumped forward.

Just before contact was made, one of Overhaul's followers threw himself in between and sacrificed himself, protecting his master.

*BAM*

The door flung open and Overhaul's other followers immediately burst into the hideout, weapons and quirks pointed at the league who were now filled with nothing except rage.

"Everyone calm down." Overhaul casually said as he got up. "It's unfortunate the meeting has turned hostile and now we're both down a member."

Twice and Toga were both glaring as they wanted nothing else but to avenge their family. And although before he would agree, Tomura painfully ordered them to stand down.

"Here"

Overhaul flicked a card over as he started to stroll out of the blood filled storage room.

"Contact me when your group has relaxed. he muttered and just like that, he was gone.

*thump*

The league turned to see Toga on the floor, eyes filled with tears as she dipped her fingers into the blood left by the legs of Magne and Tomura nodded at Mr Compress who pulled out a phone with his right hand.

*riiiiinnnng*

*riii-*

"Hello?"

Dabi replied lazily as the sound of someone screaming could be heard in the background, all that could be seen in the video call was Dabi surrounded by blue flames and the scream quickly disappeared.

Toga twitched at the sound of Dabi's voice but she didn't stop what she was doing, swirling the blood with her hands and licking up off her fingers as tears pricked her lashes.

"Magne....and Toga... " Mr Compress started and Dabi immediately sounded serious. "What happened?"

Turning the phone so Dabi could see the distressed blonde, his face fell and immediately nodded.

"We'll be there quickly."