Chapter 9

What was going on?

Since Deku and Dabi were exactly on top of Toga where they were in the air vent, Deku wiped a bit of blood off his hands from one of his meals before aiming it to the girl's knee.

The drop fell and Toga looked up, the fear in her eyes melting a little as she recognized the faces giving her worried looks.

Deku and Dabi nodded at her and she calmed down and stopped trying to resist as the two boys tried to think of a plan.

"What now?..." Deku whispered as Dabi pointed to the door.

"Let's wait and see. I can hear noise."

A minute later, the door opened and a grim fat guy with boils all over his hands walked in chuckling. With a sweaty hand, he grabbed Toga's chin to force her to face him and she tried to bite him causing the grimey man to laugh. He tossed her to the floor by the face before turning back around.

"Just one more kid and I'll take them all." he chuckled as the two guards at the door saw him out.

As he left, Toga was clearly uncomfortable as she tried to wipe her face against her shoulder. Dabi watched as the man pressed buttons on the door and left leaving the original two guards.

"7482 was the number" he whispered to Deku who nodded and pointed to the vent above the guards.

"Nice okay, I'll crawl to above the one in glasses and you take the one with the hat."

Dabi nodded as he noted he was going to have to burn a hole in the metal vent go jump down.

"From when we leave, count as you crawl and at exactly two minutes, jump down and knock your one out."

Izuku took over and they nodded before he gave the hand signal to start counting.

Now

1...2....3...

As he reached to the vent above the guy in glasses, Izuku thought about how he was going to get through the metal grate when he got an idea. He's eaten enough so he should be fine.

117...118...119...

120!

The air vents clatter as Dabi burnt through the metal like butter and Izuku held his breath as he fazed right through the metal.

He jumped down to cover his target's mouth and held the knife to his throat as Dabi knocked out his own target before walking over and knocking the other one Izuku had too.

The faze obviously wore him out as Deku took control and ran for Toga who was smiling.

"Toga are you o-okay?" he spluttered as he cut the rope binding her hands.

"I am!" she chirped. "that guy was gross and smelled like fish though."

They freef her along with the other girls as Dabi entered the password and quietly opened the door.

"Pssst! Coast is clear!"

The group silently walked through the door that was decorated with a hero company's logo and as they left, they realize they were in the basement.

Deku almost threw up when he realized this and his mind felt pain.

That basement was supposed to be one of the safest places to be. It's supposed to be a place where innocent people hide during attacks. The fact that's it's being used like this.... Disgusting...

They heard shouting up ahead and the group froze as a guy completely covered in knives and a crazy billowing costume zipped passed.

"Catch him!!!!!" cried the heroes who were chasing him down.

Long whips came crashing down from the heroes who ran down the hallway with only eyes for the villain. As the man on the run landed near them, he glared at the kids before frowning and running passed.

Seconds later, one of the whips crashed where he stood and Deku blinked to see the man already near the end of the hall behind them.

"Owww..." One of the girl's had made contact with the whip and Deku quickly went over to check on her. It wasn't serious but the friction would leave a small scar.

Aren't heroes supposed to save? What's going on? She just got hurt from a hero's attack!

Most of the heroes that were chasing the villain didn't even notice the kids as they ran passed but one saw them and asked where they came from.

"Hey kids! It's dangerous with the Hero killer Stain around! What are you doing here?!"

Izuku recognized the hero from the news and Deku nodded knowing to stay calm.

I think that's Kamui Woods. He's quite popular. He was the one that saved.... A kid from a sludge monster about a month ago.

So we can hand him the girls? OK.

"We were locked in the basement just a few minutes ago!" Deku cried and the hero's eyes widened. "and we just escaped from there! There was a horrible fat man with boils on his hands who locked us all up!"

Kamui looked even more shocked as he heard this and Deku nodded to Dabi and Toga who whispered to the other girls.

They immediately showed the hero their arms which had the tight rope markings and the hero was convinced.

"Okay, you kids to stay put for now while we apprehend the villain, I'll take care of everything once I'm done."

Deku nodded and Kamui dissappeared down the corridor so the group sighed with relief.

As Deku tended to girl who got hurt, a sudden chilling voice appeared behind Deku and the whole group shivered.

They turned around to see the hero killer Stain behind Deku who had a ln odd look to his face.

"Are.... You hurt?"

He pointed to the scar and the girl, although frightened, nodded.

Stain sighed in relief before looking at Deku's hands. They were monochrome because Izuku was using his strength to ice the area. It was a side effect if his perfect stitches.

He gave a nod of approval before dissappearing again and Toga sighed.

"Wow he's so cool!"

Dabi nodded in agreement and Deku finished treatment.

"Yeah he was."