Chapter 3

"Sure."

After Izuku had finished up with both arms, he decided to take a break and watched with sad eyes as this guy slowly became momochrome again. Well, apart from the skin on his chest and face where he was still purple.

They got up and walked around to see if they could find a more comfortable place to crash for the night.

"So... what happened?" Asked Izuku to the boy who called himself Touya.

"Ah..."

Well, he did help me... He thought as he looked at his arms.

"I got burned when I... tried protecting my little brother.... He's probably the same age as you actually. I tried fighting against our father but...my quirk lost control since it's is too strong for my body."

"Well your arms seem completely fine to me now and the rest isn't life-threatening yet so it will probably be ok."

"What about you?"

"Ah... My quirk..." Izuku looked around at the monochrome world he lived in as he thought about Izuku.

"I always had this voice in my head you see, but it only recently started to talk about actions I need to take."

He remembered Inko and he felt a little sick, the stench of blood still fresh in his mind.

"At first, I ignored it but then...my mommy..." overcome with emotion, Izuku started to cry and Dabi reached an arm around his shoulder and started to pat his head.

"Huh?"

"Oh sorry... I did that to my little brother when he was sad out of habit." Touya was about to lift his hand away but Izuku latched an hand to the other's slightly scarred ones and put it back on his head.

"No don't stop, it was nice."

"Ah...ok."

They smiled a little at each other as they walked down the alleyways.

"Oi kids!" A hero pointed them out because of their bizarre look and they both panicked.

"We need to run!" Izuku squeaked as he and Touya backed away.

"How? I have no strength!"

Hey can you take us elsewhere? Izuku desperately asked to his quirk.

Hmm... Barely, I don't have enough food....

Please! As far as you can! 

Hold him tight then!

Izuku grabbed Touya's hand just as his body becomes pale and monochrome again before distorting. Just as the hero ran into the alley, the two boys disappeared.

They landed on a thrown out mattress that was by a large dumper so they were hidden from view. They leaned against the tall wooden fence by their backs and sighed.

Touya was curious about Izuku's quirk so he introduced his first.

A small flame flickered at his fingertips as he showed the curious boy his hand.

"My blue flames are much hotter than the normal orange so I can't really use it without getting burns on my body."

He explained pointing at the scarred skin. He had already burnt most of the nerves here already.

Izuku looked at the small pale flame before pointing at the already scarred skin.

"Then why don't you just use your quirk where your skin is already burnt?"

Touya's eyes widened as he hadn't thought of that and instead, let a small flame burn on his arm.

"It's not like you can feel anything there." And it was true as Touya felt no pain.

"But the dead skin can affect my organs." he pointed at the dead skin on his chest and Izuku lit up.

"I'll keep an eye out for you then!"

"How?"

"My quirk is..." he stopped as he didn't know how to answer. "I... never found out..."

"What does it do? I thought it was teleporting? Didn't you say there's a voice?" Touya pressed, his own childlike curiosity peeking out.

"I can't see colour most of the time but when I do, it's because it's an infection or some deadly thing appearing." Izuku explained trying to make it clear for himself too.

"You can be a doctor then?" he asked.

"No..."

"Why?"

"To be honest... teleporting seems to a side effect of my quirk. My quirk is... alive... It's the voice and it told me to eat the coloured parts I find. If I do, people can be saved and I can do things like teleporting because my quirk was fed."

"Hmm.."

Touya took on the information and just accepted it. From Izuku's earlier reaction, something sad happened with his mother so I should avoid that as a subject. Since he's put here and panicked at a hero, he's probably on the run like I am...

He can also make sure I don't die so that's a plus. I think... I'll keep him around.

He's just a kid anyway and I'd rather not be alone.

He looked around and nodded, "We might as well stay here, we can carry on exploring tomorrow morning. For now, we should sleep."

Izuku nodded before checking Touya's arms. "Currently, your arms are completely black and white so they're going to be okay. I'll eat a little more now if that's ok with you. Your shoulder is getting rather colourful.

Touya welcomed Izuku with open arms and the kid immediately started to work on eating the coloured area as the older one patted his head.

Memories of the day had caught up again and Izuku's body felt like they were in pain but with every pat, his nerves felt soothed.

The slow process of the pain becoming numb and then gone was soothing and Touya's eyelids felt heavy as he started to slump forward.

Izuku was also feeling completely worn out from the day as he cuddled against Touya.

I wonder what happened at the hospital...

They're probably all over the news right now with everything the way it is.

That's true.

Oh, would they file me as missing or dead?

I'd probably guess missing for a few days because the heroes did see me remember? The scarf guy especially, he was scary.

Hehehe he was.

That's enough, let's sleep. It's warm against him even if it's scratchy.

They giggle and Izuku snuggled against Touya as his own eyelids felt heavy.

Just like that, he drifted off into a dream.