Chapter 26

"It's okay... it's all ok...."

The heroes couldn't react to what they saw as Deku got Tomura to stop howling and gently patted the rough hair. Tomura stabilized and accidentally disintegrated a bit of Deku's "criminal" shirt as his fingers brushed over the folds but Deku didn't even flinch as he kept hushing him.

Suddenly, a mysterious black liquid appeared out of thin air as Nomus jumped out, surprising everyone, both villains and heroes.

Edgeshot notices that the black liquid was not Kurogiri’s doing since he was unconscious as more Nomus began appearing from the masses of liquid. All Might attempted to grab Bakugou as the liquid poured from his mouth but missed and the boy dissolved into the black liquid and disappeared.

Tomura realized that what was transpiring was the work of his teacher and stopped struggling as the liquid encased him too.

Coughing at the liquid suddenly appearing in his throat, Deku opened his eyes to find himself in front of All For One with the others all nearby including Bakugou.

"Oh it's you!" he started recognizing the mastermind of the League as the man who liked a cup of strong tea with two sugars.

"Are you okay?"

All for One nodded as Deku smiled at him and the others came around to understand what had happened as well. Bakugou stopped his own coughing and he took one look at Deku's smile before running over and started pinching his cheeks.

"It... Is you..."

Deku almost fell at his sudden appearance as he tried to reply.

"Yesh ih yish Kashan sho lyet go!"

(I had to pinch my own cheeks for this, cries.... My cheeks hurt :'/)

Tomura pulled Deku away from Bakugou' s hands and sheilded him, hands outstretched and ready to attack as All For One apologied to Bakugou for the rough treatment.

"My apprentice is only like this because you laid a hand on Deku." All For One said as he gave a fond flick of a hand. "Although I'm sure everyone is ready to tear you apart for that."

Bakugou looked to see that everyone who was conscious was standing with their weapons out. If Tomura hadn't intervened, he would've got a simultaneous attack from the whole league.

All for One chuckled as he pointed to Deku who was now just receiving the backlash of using his quirk not properly.

"That one has helped him grow tremendously, it was a lucky find if I do say myself. Tomura now knows how to rely on his squad and how to better use them." he turned to Bakugou and pointed at Deku.

"Won't you join them?"

Bakugou looked at Deku who was snuggling against Tomura but his feet wouldn't move. He didn't know how to feel.

His childhood friend from the past or a hero in the future?

That was his decision... and Deku already knew the answer as Bakugou stood still...

Choosing the future.

"I see... Even he won't be able to convince you to willingly come over..." sighed the villain mastermind and he saw the look of grief overwhelm the student.

He saw that his apprentice had not been able to convince him so it would be considered as failing yet again.

However, All For One was neither angry nor disappointed with Tomura and encouraged him to try again since he still had the Vanguard Action Squad and Bakugou whom he deemed important.

"Continue trying, as many times as you'd like since everything, is for your sake."

Suddenly, All Might appeared above All For One and attacked him, but All For One, who detected his arrival, blocked the attack. All Might declared that he will take everything back while All For One wondered if All Might will attempt to kill him again.

As they clash, shockwaves send Bakugou and the Vanguard Action Squad backwards as both All For One and All Might criticize each other for becoming weaker.

All Might declared that he will save his student and won’t repeat the same mistake as he did five years ago and this time he will definitely put All For One behind bars along with the League of Villains.

The number one charged at All For One but it was met with a huge blast wave, causing the Symbol of Peace to be sent flying away with great force. All For One’s blast wave attack not only hit All Might, but destroyed several buildings in the process.

"All Might!!!" yelled Bakugou, concerned for the hero.

"Do not to fret, that blast wave attack isn’t strong enough to kill him." All For One assured before ordering Tomura to escape along with Bakugou.

All For One then pointed at the unconscious Kurogiri and used a quirk that forcefully activated Warp Gate which causes a portal to open.

"Tomura" he faced his apprentice before taking a step back. "it is time for you to leave."

Suddenly, All Might reappeared onto the battlefield and refused to allow his arch nemesis to escape and charged at him.

Before heading into battle, All For One stood still as the whole Vanguard Squad felt sad as he gave them a small wave before turning his back.

"Tomura, all you children lost in the dark, you can still grow stronger."

And with that, he ran head first at All Might.

All For One and All Might clash again. Mr Compress was the first to act as he used his Quirk on the unconscious Dabi, turning him into a marble and pocketing him as he called for his leader.

"Leader.... No wait it's.... Boss!"

Tomura snapped out of it and tore his eyes from his master.

"We should escape while we can."

The new boss nodded and the League of Villains prepared to take Bakugou with them but know it would be a struggle as the chaotic student cracked a few knuckles and prepared himself for battle.

Deku was on the verge of hitting unconsciousness as he saw Bakugou brace himself for an onslaught of attacks.

He wasn't going to go without a fight.