Chapter 16

It felt nice.

Dabi came jogging down the stairs before joining Deku with washing up.

"This is unusual." Deku stated and the scarred boy shrugged.

"I'm bored, no more odd jobs for money needs to get done."

"I see..."

"I didn't know Izuku kept the bodies." he said nonchalantlt and Deku knew where this was going.

"Oh yeah, I didn't want to risk dumping the bodies because of unreliability of the bins. Who knows who digs through them."

Dabi nodded as he explained.

"Izuku can keep them super fresh in the other space so it's like they just died by me. If Moonfish cuts it up, I can dispose it easier. Him eating was just a plus."

"That makes sense..." Dabi sighed as he looked at Deku happily washing a cup.

How can someone be so innocent and twisted at the same time?

He then lookes at clock before drying his hands. "I'm going to head out for about an hour."

He gave Deku a kiss on the forehead before he nodded and slunk out the door.

"Huh? Okay? Bye!!!" Deku waved him off and just as the door closed, Kurogiri tapped his shoulder.

"The leader wants to talk to you."

Deku nodded and followed Kurogiri into the mist and was brought to see man in a dark office.

"Deku, first let me thank you for the breakfast you made."

Oh it's the speaker guy!

"Oh it's nothing! I hoped you liked it!"

The man nodded and Kurogiri shifted as he thought to himself. The master doesn't even need to eat and he still did. I can't tell if this kid is pure or downright terrifying.

"I won't keep you for long, just a few questions."

Deku nodded before answering everything that was asked and at the end, the man nodded gently and sent him back.

"Can I make you anything for later?"

"...a strong tea with two sugars please."

Deku nodded before he got teleported back and just as he walking into the lounge, a loud scream tore down the stairs.

"YOU BURNT PIECE OF UNWANTED TOAST!!!!!!!" Toga came screaming down and Deku jumped at her chaotic howl.

"What's wrong?"

Toga huffed before lifting a dead bird up to show him. "So I just came back from my bird hunt and what do I find? A BIRD IN A TRAP!!!!" she threw the dead bird to the floor and pouted. "His traps pre kill the birds for me and I don't like it!"

She then showed him a live bird that sat in her hand. "I want to drink blood from a live bird! It dies while I do so but that's just a thing it does."

Deku picked up the dead bird before tossing it in the bin and Toga calmed down after having her rant. She then hugged Deku from behind because she wanted attention but not enough to ask for it.

Deku finished washing the last plate and dried his hands before turning around to hug her back.

"Are you okay?"

His voice was soft as he patted the blonde's messy hair.

"Yeah... Just thinking a little about mom..."

Yeah, the reason why Dabi lays traps was actually because it would disgust Himiko less when she was still against her behavior...

Although, I think she just wanted to accept her daughter no matter what her personality was in the end...

"I'm sure Himiko was happy to be with you until the very end. I'm just sorry I couldn't do more for her..."

"You did more than anyone deserves Deku!" Toga cut him off and flicked his forehead.

"and I love you for that!!"

She squeezed him tighter and Deku patted her head as thanks.

"Aww cute... EWWW CONTACT!!!!" 

They turn to see Twice downstairs again and Toga stuck her tongue out at him. He sat by the bar and got himself a coffee and they watched as he once again just unzips his mask a little to expose him mouth to drink. He did that at breakfast too.

"Why are you always wearing a mask?" Toga asked, curious.

" ... My past... It's the future!!!" Twice contradicted and Deku sat down next to him.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"... Not really... I'm dead!"

"What?"

"Arrgggg ... Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm me... I'm me!"

They looked confused so Twice activated his quirk and an identical copy of Toga appeared.

"My quirk can make copies of people. Eww why did I make you!"

"That's cool..." Deku murmured as he looked at the Toga copy.

That's really realistic...

Twice then pointed at himself, "I use to make copies of myself to help around the house. No they were my copies! "

"And we got confused who was the real body."

Deku got a bad feeling in his stomach and leaned closer.

"So we got angry at each other for not knowing who the real one is and we ended up killed each other until only one was left..."

They were both horrified but nodded and Deku patted Twice's arm as Toga gave him a hug.

"Unless I cover my head, I feel like I'll split apart... I don't even know if I'm actually alive or a fake. It's so confusing..."

"That's okay, the one here is you." Toga whispered and Twice gazed at her. Deku also hugged him and reassured him too.

"Yeah, you're Twice and look, we're giving you a hug."

Twice went silent as he took the embrace and just nodded.

*slam*

Dabi came back at that moment to see them around Twice.

"What's this? He asked wiping sweat off his brow. It was pretty warm outside.

"Were giving Twice affection" Deku answered. "Wanna join?"

He walked over and patted Deku's head before dropping a bag onto his lap.

"Nah.. for now, imma change coz it's too hot. It's cookies by the way, the oreos are mine." Dabi said before heading towards the stairs.

"Well, you are wearing all black."

"I'm not changing the black, I'm just taking off the top."

He disappeared up the steps before Toga came to a realisation.

"Wait... You mean he's going shirtless but still wearing that massive black jacket?"

They thought about it and laughed at the idea.

"Gosh... He would be an idiot"  laughed Toga as she clutched over.

When she finally calmed down, she opened the bag and deliberately brought out the one bag Dabi said not to and ate the oreos.

"That's payback for killing the bird before I could." She mumbled as through her stuffed cheeks.

She shared one with Twice who ate it nervously as Deku opened a bag of custard creams and nibbled on that as they waited for their scarred idiot to come back.

She's going to be yelled at...

She asked for it.