Chapter 38

She hoped her plan would work.

Back to Deku who was stuck in Aizawa's scarf, a suddenly enraged Mimic was distorting the labyrinth in a frenzy.

Toga had noted that Mimic was easily thrown into a temper tantrum and knew it didn't take much more than childish insults to get the Yakuza furious.

Deku immediately heard the voice and despite not trusting Aizawa, he turned to the hero and pointed out the sound.

Aizawa didn't believe him at first but went silent until he was also convinced that the voice belonged to Mimic. He sighed as he let the villain go, with still a scarf around Deku's waist as he blinked.

Hair falling, Izuku's voice returned and they tried to pick up the location of Mimic, pinpointing after the sound as it echoed throughout the halls.

"You're just a wimp who doesn't want to admit that he is weak!" Toga insulted, openly having a good time as not only did it remind her off her and the League's squabbles, she also felt refreshed from insulting the Yakuza. "You're so lame for concealing yourself in the ceiling! Is it so that you can look down on people to try and be tough?"

A furious Mimic started to howl in rage, which allowed Deku to pinpoint the target's location. Izuku then jumped toward the ceiling, flipped around, landed on his hands before pushing himself feet first into the target locked area with an enhanced kick.

Revealing the real Mimic, Aizawa immediately activated his Erasure which disabled Mimic's Quirk and caused the labyrinth to finally stop moving.

Having the floor no longer moving in all directions, Sir Nighteye ran in to join them and had seen Mimic fall to the ground. The Yakuza had been looking up as he did and saw Toga and Twice tell him that they do as they please before waving him goodbye.

"AAAARGGGGHHH YOU INSOLENT VILLAINS!!!!!!!"

Mimic raged and Sir Nighteye threw his Hypermass Seal into Mimic's face which knocked him out. Deku caught the unconscious Mimic and placed him on the ground as Sir Nighteye remarked that Toga and Twice made them do the dirty work of defeating Mimic. He then turned to Deku with an equally threatening look.

"And you're one of them?"

Deku desperately shook his head and to his surprise, Aizawa held up an arm.

"He helped me capture him and has taken no offensive action toward me"

Deku nodded and held his hands up.

"I'm not here to get in your way!"

The heroes remained unconvinced and desperately, Deku closed his eyes.

Using the skill he developed earlier that week, like he had used in the base with the others, a screen appeared and his clairvoyant sight was now in display with sound for others to see.

To the heroes horror, they watched as the hero Mirio was with the girl Eri and he was covered in blood.

"Mirio" Sir Nighteye whispered and accepting Deku was neutral, he ran passed and started heading to the scene.

Toga drank the vial and took on Rock Lock's appearance before heading upwards towards the surface. She was going to help the heroes because it would benefit the league and also save Deku was what she thought as she sat back and waited for her time to run on scene.

Two minutes after Mirio had went and gone off on his own, the hero had managed to find Overhaul and one of his underlings, Chronostasis. Mirio had asked if he can talk with Overhaul a bit more but the Yakuza recognized him as one of the people who he had bumped into on the streets when Eri ran off.

By the time Sir Nighteye had seen him there Deku's clairvoyant sight, an Overhaul underling, Shin, had grabbed the case of Quirk destroying bullets as Overhaul ordered him to fire.

Shin knew the value of the Quirk destroying bullets and the fact that he couldn't waste a single shot made him desperately seek out a way to make Mirio deactivate his Quirk.

When he realized that Mirio would do whatever it took to protect Eri, he aimed his gun at Eri.

Mirio immediately jumped towards the frightened girl who wouldn't scream or cry whenever murderous intent was directed at her. She would simply close her eyes, be silent and grit her teeth, a habit that was engraved in her after living in pain and fear for a long time, and Mirio wanted nothing else than to save her, with a smile.

Just like he promised, the hero reached Eri as the Quirk destroying bullet was fired and Eri opened her eyes to see a smiling Mirio. Time seemed to stop as the bullet hit the hero and Mirio smiled before pulling off his cape, covering Eri as his body lost his Permeation.

A haunting laugh chuckled from Overhaul's throat and Eri turned to see the man she feared start dusting himself off.

"It's because of Quirks that people are entitled to dream."

He started as he explained his philosophy.

"And that was when we began thinking that anyone can become a person that matters."

He made a disgusted face as he looked at Mirio, an example of his hatred.

"Like you Lemillion, you're all sick in the head."

As Shin celebrated his triumph, Overhaul laughed at Mirio's efforts and mocked the fallen hero for smiling because "Everything you had worked so hard for! To cultivate! Has been reduced to naught."

*Boom!*

Mirio turned to see Sir Nighteye along with the others crash through a nearby wall and Overhaul scowled as he saw the hero's reinforcements arrive.

He sighed before looking at Eri.

"If you keep thinking you can be saved, then sit back and watch these heros die"

The girl shivered in fright as the thought of all these heroes dying and she looked at the cape that enveloped her.

It was nice but she didn't want more people to die because of her and as a result, she got up and Overhaul smiled at her reaction.

"Good, now return to your room and no one else dies"