Chapter 14

They were a mess but it was a mess they felt comfortable in.

The next morning, it was Deku who woke up first and when he finally managed to untangle himself from the pile, he let Dabi and Toga keep sleeping and cuddle each other.

He got changed out of his vest and boxers and into a pair of shorts and casual T before heading downstairs.

"Oh! Good morning...Kurogiri?" Deku greeted when he saw the bartender making himself some morning coffee.

The smell of alcohol was gone and replaced with the earthy rich scent of freshly ground coffee beans.

"Good morning Deku, would you like anything to eat for breakfast?" the man warmly asked as he stopped what he was doing.

"Huh?"

"Meals are provided" reminded Kurogiri and Deku blushes a little as his mistake.

"Oh yeah..."

He thanked him but instead offered to cook with him.

"But you're only a kid Deku, about 15 right?"

Deku nodded. "And 16 this year but I helped cook sometimes in Toga's house so let me help!"

Kurogiri didn't know how to respond so he just nodded as he welcomed Deku behind the island to show him where everything was.

"Use anything you want in the fridge under the counter. The left one are liquids mostly and the one on the right is food."

Deku nodded and asked how many people are going to be there.

"As in how many are in the vanguard squad?" Misunderstanding, Kurogiri thought it was caution to how many people he needed to be wary of.

"Well there's the leader who directly addresses us, Shigaraki Tomura. He was the one you saw yesterday."

Deku nodded and Kurogiri continued. "And then there's you three now which not including the leader, makes the squad add up to ten so to answer your question, seven others. They're called Twice, Mr Compress, Spinner, Magne, Muscular, Mustard and Moonfish." you will meet them all today because the boss was told to welcome you to everyone. It's more of a facial recognition thing more than anything else."

Deku counted the seven, brought it to ten, then eleven before finishing at twelve.

"Okay!" said Deku happily before he pulled an apron out of his dimensional storage and started to cook. Kurogiri looked a little shocked at the casual breaking of dimensions but didn't question it as he continued to make coffee because of a certain few members who drink it.

Half an hour later, a loud shrill scream could be heard followed by a thud before Dabi and Toga came crashing down the stairs to see Deku cooking.

Toga hugged Deku while Dabi limped over clutching his stomach in pain before ruffling Deku's hair.

"Well this is a sight I didn't realize I missed."  he smiled warmly before walking over to Kurogiri for a coffee.

Toga then let out a little smirk as she ran to the counter, grabbed a pen, wrote something on his back, before kissing Deku right on the lips.

"What?" stuttered the surprised teen as he looked at Toga who was grinning.

"It said kiss the chef..." she replied pointing to her messily written 'kiss the chef' on his back.

"Toga!"

She shrieked loudly and ran off laughing, her loud giggles waking up a few others from their sleep.

One particular man came stumbling down just as Deku sits Dabi and Toga down eat. They happily obliged and stuffed their mouths with breakfast.

"Who's these new people Kurogiri? I don't care!!!" he asked then yelled as he saw the three new faces.

"Right, these are the new recruits Deku, Dabi and Toga. You three, this is Twice." Kurogiri introduced and Deku immediately walks over as Twice gave two answers.

"Hi! Nice to meet you! I hate you already, goodbye!"

And before he could leave to probably go back to sleep, Deku grabbed his arm.

"Where are you going?"

"Huh? Upstairs. None of your business!!!!" Twice answered as he tried to pull his arm away, only to find it stuck by the terrifyingly strong grip.

"You haven't eaten breakfast!" Deku exclaimed as he dragged him to the table and set Twice up with a plate of hot food.

"Wai-"

"Eat!" Deku handed him a pair of chopsticks and a spoon before going back behind the island to wait for the others to come down.

Twice gave Dabi and Toga a questioning look but they only shook their heads and Dabi whispered.

"Just eat, Deku is super nice and all but he will not accept not looking after you."

Toga nodded before blushing a bit. "Yeah, that's what makes him so amazing to be around. You feel...loved"

She squealed before she continued eating, each bite warming her body.

"I see.... I don't care!" said Twice before he tried a bite.

It's been a while since he has eaten something that wasn't whipped up super quickly because he was just hungry. It was actual home cooked food someone spent time making for him and it felt odd as he ate each bite.

The next ten minutes consisted of the same routine as eventually, the whole Vanguard Squad came downstairs because noise or some other reason woke them up.

They would come downstairs, get introduced, then get dragged to the table by Deku who sat them down with food.

Some made it difficult like Muscular who was too strong for even Izuku to drag but he went full mama mode and teleported him into the chair.

Moonfish was especially difficult as he tried to eat Deku with his blade teeth, muttering about the need to chew flesh as he drooled everywhere.

Kurogiri was about to step in when Dabi waved a hand as if to say, "do not intervene" as the whole squad, since Tomura was standing by the door now, watched what would happen.

What happened was that Deku babied Moonfish. He pulled out the body of one of his victims who had to lose a vital organ and dangled it in front of Moonfish.

"Eat your breakfast or you don't get to chew this. I have about three more but you have to promise to eat your food when I give it to you." Deku said and just like he planned, Moonfish nodded, ate his food, before Deku gave him the body.

They were shocked at how he just pulled a body out of nowhere and how he handled it with a smile.

However, this was enough to warn them all that even though this kid may look and be innocent, he was still a killer.