Chapter 3 - Left Behind

Hansol stared at Jay who's staring to fall asleep at the couch in his office after finishing half of Hansol's lunch that he only offered to be polite, but the kid took it literally.

"Kid! If you're done writing your incident report, can you please get out at once?" Hansol rudely told the kid. He was starting to get into Hansol's nerves.

He hates this kind of behavior.

"But Sir, I want to stay here longer. It's comfy. Can I do it a little later?" Jay asked as he dropped his shame and laid on the couch comfortably.

Hansol rolled his eyes and covered him with a comforter. It reminded him when he was first offered the job of being the guidance counselor. He wasn't supposed to take it, but the comfort of having office with a couch and AC tempted him. Now here he is.

"Don't make a fucking noise you little punk, or I'll kick you out immediately." He warned, then let a student in.

First was to testify against Jay was a classmate, Choi Jaeho who was first in line. He even had lunch outside the office.

The moment he walked in, he locked the door, pulled the chair in front of Hansol's table anxiously. "Sir, Jay's falsely accused. We've seen him solve a tricky problem at Physics, it's no surprise he also knows Trigonometry. Miss Yuri is just not happy that the whole class didn't fail her test and won't give her special project. If you know what I mean." He manage to say every word without breathing.

Jay heard it. He was still awake, just resting.

"All you kids have to do is testify against her, why can't you? Nobody's going to believe you unless others would back you up with this story. Why is the student body not united? Why are the others protecting her?" Hansol asked.

Jaeho lowered his head suddenly. "But it was the truth." His voice suddenly broke. Hansol thought it was sad as well. Every time things like this happens, only three people would tell the truth while the others keep silent.

Many other students were expelled for telling the truth before, including Hansol's favorite students. It was heartbreaking with him. Even other teachers got fired because of it. The only reason why he's still here is to give students a someone to trust.

"Can you drop this one Mr. Ji?" Jaeho asked. "He just transferred."

Hansol bit his lips. "I have my ways." He told Jaeho. Don't worry about it. Nothing will happen to your friend. You're good to go."

Jaeho went out and another student came in,, Choi Jongho.

"Mr. Ji, you know what happened. You know how Miss Yuri is. Jay's a transfer student. He doesn't know how to avoid trouble yet." The guy spoke.

Jay was now curious. What's this thing that Miss Yuri does that Mr. Ji already know?

"That's perfect then. He's not like everyone else. He can fight back without fear." Hansol told Jongho.

The kid was hesitant. "What if it gets traumatic and he ends up like..." He paused and can no longer continue. Now Jay was alarmed. End up like who?

How far does Miss Yuri go?

Hansol shook his head with a blank expression. "I promise you, it won't get that far." He reassured Jongho.

"What if you end up leaving like Namjoon hyung, and we'd be left with Johnny and Mark hyung?" The kid asked sadly. The atmosphere suddenly changed. Even Hansol couldn't answer him anymore.