Chapter 27 - The Cursed Child

(Flashback)

Little Heeseung was staring at kids at the playground with a smile on his face. It looks fun, at least everybody looks like they're having the time of their lives, running around, playing on the seesaw, swings, slides, monkey bar, and jungle gym.

They seem to play here a lot. Heeseung's never really allowed out to play for some reason. Sangman never wanted to be seen with him as if he's carrying a contagious disease.

But the real reason is, he's afraid that the kid might be spotted by Jung Jiro's men and take him, then threaten him to reveal where Kaeun is. Sangman's afraid to lose Kaeun and more afraid to lose his life just because of a silly, pathetic, little kid.

Everybody already knows that Kaeun gave birth to Lee Joon's son. A lot of them also know that it's Heeseung.

But it that topic becomes noisier, it'll get Jiro's attention.

The old man has been cursing that he would use anything to get Lee Joon and torture him on any ways possible because he cause the death of his daughter.

The grieving went too far though. The old man spent his days alone and just staring at his daughter's room. Imagining happy and playful Jisook, running around the house and making dresses and suits, planning her wedding and her life with her own family.

He promised his men billions, if they happen to capture Lee Joon alive, but their salary's already more than enough for their family. Everyone's afraid of Lee Joon anyway. The man has killed a lot of skilled men.

Believing he's locked up at St. Ester made their hearts at ease, because they didn't have to capture him like what their boss wanted.

But of course, people are still afraid of Jiro's men, including Sangman who has so many fears. That is why he never lets Heeseung out.

Heeseung joined Minsung and his friends at the swings, swinging himself alone, pretending he's playing with them. Or maybe he really believes that he's actually playing with them.

"Higher!" Sowon, their classmate demanded. Minsung's swinging her.

"If you go higher, you might fall." Minsung told her, but Sowon insisted. She was eager to go higher.

"But!" Sowon protested. "You don't want me to have fun!" It hurt Minsung, because that wasn't his intention. He just wanted his playmates safe. Because of that, he did as told.

But of course, Minsung's right. Sowon's tight hold on the swing made her hands all sweaty and caused her hold to slip out and threw her onto the ground.

Minsung rushed towards him and helped her up. He took her near a near washing area to wash her wounds. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made it higher even if you wanted." Minsung apologized.

Sowon can only cry at the moment.

"Not all people who hold back doesn't want you happy. Sometimes they just want you safe." Minsung told Sowon and gave her a tight hug.

Heeseung adored that.

He already knew that Minsung's a nice person, but this made him look like an angel. It's like he's always there to help when someone's in trouble.

"I'll take you home and apologize to your parents." Minsung carried Sowon in piggy back.

"Look who's here!" Minhak, another classmate and his friends surrounded Heeseung. "It's the criminal's son." He said and threw dirt on Heeseung and it got in his eyes.