Chapter 10 - Lost

Lia went to the address of the exclusive ice rink that Sunghoon attends. After his last competition, he's not really officially training today. Since Jay's parents said he'd be here, Lia went ahead and was lucky enough to see Sunghoon right away. He was just stretching.

"Sunghoon!" She waved, running towards him.

Sunghoon was shocked to see Lia here. Maybe she wanted to late congratulate him. He waved back happily. He was ready to give her a hug when she turned around as if she's scanning the while place. It was practically empty.

It's empty at this hour everyday except sunday for him.

"Where's Jay?" She asked right away. Sunghoon was confused. Why is she looking for Jay here? Did he disappear again?

Wait, she's here for Jay. Now it makes sense. Of course Lia's not here for him. Why would she?

"He's with the rest of the class at the famous Thai restaurant, I'm guessing. Our gym teacher invited everybody in our class. But of course, I can't go. I'm here instead." He said finishing up his stretching.

"Oh? Would you like me to stay?" Lia asked, feeling sad for Sunghoon. She knows the feeling of being alone. With her parents always leaving her alone these past few days, she does feel empty, inside a big house with nobody else inside but her. It's why she always wants to see Jay.

Sunghoon felt selfish to demand her of her time, he was debating whether to say 'yes' or 'your call'.

When he couldn't respond, an instructor suddenly came to Lia, giving her a pair of figure skates. "You spoil your girlfriend too much. She asked for figure skates and demanded pink and preferably sparkly. This isn't a public dating place. I can recommend you where you can skate with other couples. I won't tell this to your parents this time." She whispered to Sunghoon, shaking her head disapprovingly, shaking her head as she left them there.

Sunghoon didn't get he chance to clear out that Lia's not his girlfriend. Lia put on regular white figure skates looking disappointed. "No one's going to see me with these." She mutters, then tried to stand up, but wobbled back to her seat.

"Woah! These things are imposible to stand on." Lia complained, making Sunghoon chuckle and put on his, standing up. Without much talk, since Sunghoon's not good with that, he took Lia's hands, taking her to the ice.

"Ahhhhh! I'm going to fall! I'm going to fall!" Lia said not moving at all, which was good because moving too much would really make her fall easier.

She closed her eyes, holding Sunghoon's hands tightly. It reminded Sunghoon when he first tried it. Back when he used to watch everybody else who are already good at it, while he was being briefed at the side.

"Put your strength to your thighs, I'll teach you to glide." With that, Sunghoon let go of her other hand. When Lia realized he let go of her other hand, she panicked and grabbed on Sunghoon's shoulders, making them spin and almost fall. Good thing Sunghoon has an amazing balance and control.

Lia opened her eyes slowly and met Sunghoon's huge eyes staring back st hers. He's smiling. It was such a beautiful smile. A refreshing one. One that makes you smile back. Lia never really had a good look at Sunghoon's face, since he has this long bangs like Jay. She always assumed they look similar. It turns out they don't.

Sunghoon has softer features. Unlike Jay who has strong sharp masculine features.

"You're doing great so far." Sunghoon spoke suddenly, making sure that Lia realize that she's been staring at him for a long time now. "Stand still." He told her, Lia carefully obeyed, holding Sunghoon's Hands as if her life depends on it. "Let's glide slowly." Sunghoon let go of her other hand again, making Lia whimper and grab his hand, finally making them both lose balance and fall.