Chapter 28 - Rest

Jae asked Sungyeon to go to this fancy restaurant called Adelaida, where they serve Mediterranean dishes. Sunghoon loves this place. It was Jay who recommended it.

The two arrived first and requested lots of roses and candles, renting the whole terrace to make it seem more romantic. It's a family dinner after all. They ordered lots and lots of food for Sunghoon.

Jay even borrowed a guitar to sing song once Sungyeon and Sunghoon arrives. He started singing Diamonds by Rhianna.

Sungyeon's eyes teared up as soon as she saw them. It's been a while since they spent a family dinner this special. Maybe it's because they're all busy.

She went to Jae's hug right away. Sunghoon ni smiled at Jay and took pictures of him, sending it to Lia. As soon as he saw his favorite foods on the table, it made him anxious. He didn't want to eat anything. He can't possibly eat now that he's three days away from his competition. How will he fullfil his Ice Prince image that's expected of him if he couldn't make a good landing because he's not in good condition?

After singing, Jay grabbed a plate and placed lots and lots of food in it, giving it to Sunghoon. "Let's eat at the terrace." Jay invited him, grabbing a plate of grilled squid, taking Sunghoon at the terrace, showing the night view of the city.

"What did you guys talked about? Did he introduce you to some clients?" Sunghoon asked, grabbing a garnishing tomato, to put in his mouth to make it appear like he's actually eating.

"Nope, he took me to my parents' tombstone." Jay chuckled.

Sunghoon nodded, though it was suspicious. They were gone for hours. It really seems like they talked about business. Jay seems to be more reliable when it comes to business. Him, he will stay as Ice Prince and that's how his parents want him to remain as, while Jay is the chosen one.

He will always be smarter than him. A better student, a better business partner, and a better son, while he has to try harder; though he knows that it'll never be enough.

He will never be enough.

"By the way, how come Soul High doesn't have a Christmas party?" Jay asked out of the blue.

Sunghoon was cut from his thoughts. "Lee Minsung died December 18. The funeral took place on December 20. The Christmas party was removed. This year as well because people still haven't moved on, especially with the fake Minsungs." Sunghoon explained to his brother.

Jay now nods in agreement because it only makes sense.

"The city look beautiful. I wish Niki's here to see this. It's higher than the rooftops in our town." Jay muttered. Sunghoon then dropped a few meat on his plate now that Jay's distracted, then grabbed a lettuce to make it seem like he stuffed his mouth with food.

"Next time we come here, I want to bring Niki." Jay spoke of Niki again which irritated Sunghoon. It's family night, yet he's talking about a friend. He barely spent time with sunghoon and now that they're together, he keeps mentioning Niki.

"Sure! Bring Jungwon as well." He said on an offended tone. Jay faced him right away. He didn't realize that how careless he's speaking.

Jay placed a hand on Sunghoon's shoulder to soothe him. "Hoonie, don't be jealous. You're still my brother." He told him.

"Twin! Twin!" He corrected. "I'm your twin!" He looked away smirking in disbelief. He spent time away from home and he changed. It seems like Sunghoon enjoyed this lie more than him. Why wouldn't he?

He loves being Jay's twin. He gets him out of trouble a lot and there's someone he can call a family. But why does he have these friends that seem as important?