Chapter 40 - One Of Them

Sangman stared at her in horror. Heeseung is not a liar. Being Lee Joon has always been an excuse to make him look guilty at everything. "Rest first. You just gave birth." Sangman closed the door behind him and just felt like he was about to throw up. It was just now that everything's starting to make sense.

Because of that, Kaeun relaxed and laid down. Sangman rushed to their house and went to the ñanic room that was never opened again. He kept the gun that Heeseung used to kill Chanhee. He opened the magazine and counted the bullet and now he realize that it was never used.

Heeseung never killed anyone.

Sangman rushed and drove to Baekho to see Heeseung. He barged in and saw Niki, who was pacing on the living room while everybody's sleeping on the room that Baekho offered them.

It was only him who couldn't manage to sleep. "Yes?" The kid asked Sangman as if this is his house.

"Heeseung! I need to see Heeseung. It's an emergency." He told the kid.

"Follow me." Said informally, but guided Sangman to Heeseung and Kei's room.

Sangman slowly cracked the door open and heard Baekho talking.

"I already contacted my friend and he said he'd be here by tomorrow. If it's true that Sowon had the evidence, we can get her convicted. We can't file a case on Minsung's suicide, but I'll ask my lawyer friend for all the possible charges with the sexual assault." He said making Sangman and Niki gasp.

Niki came inside right away, furious. "Who was assaulted? Was it my brother?" He asked protectively. "Who was it? I'll make sure they never see another day again." He said as if he was older and protecting a younger brother.

Baekho was shocked that he heard, but no with his reaction. Niki always acts as if he was older than everybody and has this urge to protect everybody as if he has the capability of protecting everybody.

"Oh shut up." Kei pulled him in his bed to cover his mouth. "Can you please stop embarrassing me." He scolded him.

Sangman came inside and stared at Heeseung who looked so pathetic. "Was it you?" He asked.

Heeseung looked away, avoiding the question.

"Let them rest for a while." Baekho said taking Niki and Sangman's arms but Sangman refused to and pulled his hand away.

"I really need to talk to Heeseung right now." He looked at Baekho with pleading eyes. Baekho sighed and stood up. "Don't exert force on your affected extremities again." He told the two, then dragged Niki outside.

"Heeseung, I know it's hard to remember this, but when you were 1 year old, you were left with your little brother, Raesung. Do you remember what happened?" He asked.

Heeseung looked at Sangman in confusion. There was no way he can remember what happened that long time ago.

Baekho stopped to eavesdrop. Niki stayed quiet as well, doing the same thing. The conversation was getting more and more interesting.

"It's really important. He died suffocated and you were the only person by his side." Sangman told him. "I'm afraid Jisung might be in danger." He said then recalled what Jay told him.

Heeseung is not that type of person. Then what happened? Who did it?

If it's not Heeseung or if it happens to not be Kaeun, was it Jiro's men?

He stood up and rubbed his temples. "What am I doing here? Jay said Jiro's men are after my family. I might be too late. Shit!" He said and ran.

"Jiro's men again?" Heeseung removed his IV fluids and stood up, running after Sangman.