Chapter 8 - Accident

Sunghoon left the house with his parents for the figure skate tournament that he's going to be a part of. Sunghoon always loved the Winter Events because it's cold outside, it feels like he's still on the ice, like being on the ice for 24 hours.

"Got everything you need?" His mother asked. He nodded in response. "Don't be nervous, you don't have any competition out there. Just focus." She tried to motivate him which don't usually work. Sunghoon would rather listen to his coach.

He looked out of the window while listening to music, when he saw a groups of people running around with Hogwarts uniforms and robes. At first he though he was hallucinating because he hadn't have much sleep, but even when he rubbed his eyes, he can still see them.

He can already tell that Mark Lee's and Johnny's a part of this.

After the long registration he got into the ice skating rink, they were told to warm up as usual. As he was making sure his landings are precise, he started to remember what Jungwon has told him about teamwork and other shit. Sunghoon smirked to his thought and though Jungwon only talked nonsense to distract him at that time. There's nothing wrong about working alone.

Working alone knowing that you'd never stop until finish all the task is better than assigning tasks to people who procrastinate and says a lot of excuses.

Since small event like this normally ends for about 3 days, Sunghoon knew he won't be able to see Jay in a while.

After warming up, he went to his coach and parents at the side, snatching his phone beside his mother then excused himself to go to the men's room. As he was about to call Jay, his phone started ringing. It was Jay who called him instead.

With just one ring, Sunghoon answered. "Where are you? I called Lia, but you're not there. Do you have any idea how concerned we are? I even told mom and dad to make a missing person report." He said making Jay and everyone panic.

"Well, did you?" Jay sounded nervous.

"Well, no." Sunghoon answered. "They said you were just upset because they scolded you. Don't worry, I told them again that it was my fault and that they shouldn't have blamed you." Sunghoon reassured him. He wanted to make Jay feel less burdened.

"See, told you they won't care. No problem." Jay spoke, talking to whoever he's with right now. Sunghoon felt his chest tighten at Jay's remark. He felt like he was selfish to allow his parents to always stay by him and take his side. Jay even thinks he's irrelevant now.

"I care! You reckless rebel!" Sunghoon yelled at Jay in anger. He didn't like Jay's point of view. He doesn't want his twin to think that he never mattered.

"Goodluck on your ice skating tournament Hoonie! Bye! Sleep tight!" Jay muttered then hung up right away. Sunghoon sighed in sadness and regret, going back to his coach.

They were telling him a lot of pointers but Sunghoon couldn't focus. He was thinking about Jay and his parents. He glanced at his parents who are here to support him. His father even requested a leave just to be here.

He wondered, if it was Jay who showed interest in figure skating, would they treat him better, or would they be in favor of Jay and ignore him instead?

If only they show a little love to Jay, life would be a little kinder to Jay. He's already struggling in coping up. Jay sleeps most of the time in school and even at lunch, he'd rather be in Hansol's office, rather than his friends.

Wait, the last time Sunghoon checked, he has no friends.

"Park Sunghoon!" A sweet voice distracted him.