Chapter 29 - Confession

(Flashback)

Kaeun was so stressed at taking care of baby Heeseung. She's basically stuck inside the house with no friends to talk to. The baby wakes up every three hours and always cries. She's never taken care of anything in her life before, except herself.

In her opinion, she can be a mother, but not with this thing in her lap right now. This is basically a baby monster. A monster's spawn.

She just wanted to tear his face off because no matter how small it it, it looks like his father. She regrets not aborting it. Sangman was right when he asked her to just abort it. Stupid Baekho who reassured her to pay for the hospital bills. She was tempted with the money, but didn't think hard enough. Baekho did pay for the expensive hospital bills, but there's no way she could just cash out that money.

Stupid girl.

Though it was a great benefit. Baekho also buys the baby some clothes. Euijin give the kid monthly allowance. Namjoon has already bought an insurance for the baby to secure his college. He thinks education is the most important of all.

But still, it's not enough. Only Euijin is giving her cash, and it's only enough for the baby's milk, diaper, lotion, bath soap, and anti fungal cream. She even stopped buying bath soap and lotion and just washes the baby with ordinary soap and don't put lotion in him. He's a baby after all, he'd be fine. All because Euijin's such a frugal business man.

Kaeun left it on his crib and went to inquire on the orphanage where Lee Joon grew up in. The benefits are good, but not enough. She is not planning to be a slave for this baby all her life. Itćs unfair. He was a parasite inside her for 9 months, now he's being an additiona chore. Maybe leaving Heeseung here would be best for her. She has to make a choice for herself because she's worried about her mental health right now. She's already having a hard time dealing with how the baby deformed her used to be perfect body, now it's taking over her life.

It's not supposed to be that way.

Aren't babies supposed to just sleep all the time?

Why is Heeseung crying all the time?

Maybe something's wrong with him.

It's a living pain in the ass.

"Good Morning Ma'am." A nun attended her on the front desk at the information.

"Good morning, I was just wondering, can I just leave my baby here?" She asked so casually thatt the nun was shocked at her question. Mostly, these people who don't have any love left for their babies just leave it here without a word, but at least this one asked what to do.

"I'm so sorry to hear that, why did you want to leave him here?" The nun asked.

"Well, I need my freedom back." She said. The nun was waiting for her to laugh, because it's so ridiculous, it should be a joke. It has to be some joke.

But Kaeun didn't laugh at all.

"Window 1." The nun passed her on. She couldn't deal with Kaeun's nonsense anymore.

"Oh no, I'll bring him next time." She said and left just like that. She's not planning to just waste her time at an orphanage, she wanted to chill and party today. Lee Heeseung will live. It's just a day. It's not like she'd be gone for seven days or so.