Chapter 42 - Trauma

Ni-ki hissed and rolled his eyes. "You have to keep going out there and keep trying to be a part of the world. We all deserve the world. You get hurt, you cry, then suck it up and stand back up. If you ever think that the world would revolve without you, you're wrong. We all have a place in this world. As long as you don't claim your rightful place, it remains empty." He said an removed his scarf that Jessica knitted. It's such a precious scarf to him because he had it as a child, but he thought it's time to pass it on. It's such a cold month of January to be just on pyjamas.

Her friends are such assholes to let her go out like this in this freezing weather. He placed it on Yves' neck making her blush. She couldn't believe a kid could act like a man. This kid is raised well by his mother for sure.

"There you go, noona. The world isn't always cold. There will be people who will stop by and warm your heart. A good hyung that I treasure so much once told me to be the person I want to meet. To always be kind because the world needs it." He smiled and then turned around.

"Wait!" Yves grabbed his hand this time, stopping him. "If I have a place, can you please tell me where it is?" She asked as she started crying again. Not because of pain but she was touched to meet at least one kind person today.

"A throne." Ni-ki responded. "You're a queen." He said then finally she asked him to not leave her for a while. Ni-ki smiled and led her to Jake.

"Hyung, we have a lot of catching up to do. It's been a month." Ni-ki dragged them to the nearest coffee shop where they can enjoy the wam ambiance, smelling the aroma of caffeine.

While Ni-ki was on the long line to order coffee, Yves stared at Jake, noticing the scratches on his arms that has dried up but she knew that underneath those dry blood is a fresh painful wound. She frowned and looked him in the eyes. Jake noticed that she's staring at his wounds from yesterday.

"Is it disgusting? I fell off on my board yesterday." He laughed nervously. Embarrased that he has scratches all over his arms in from of a pretty girl. If only he knew he'd meet someone this pretty today, he wouldn've worn something to cover his scratches.

"Then why were you still skating earlier? Aren't you afraid to fall and hurt yourself again?" She asked.

Jake bit his lips which got Yves' attention. He has a really pretty lips.

"If I ever fear the pain and stop skating, I'd also give up the happiness it gives me." Jake simply answered. "A friend once told me, he loved riding a motorcycle because of the sound of the wind blowing on his ears. It feels like the wind is greeting him. Of course I thought it was weird at first, but as soon as I paid attention, I started to understand what he meant. It feel the same with skating. I feel like I'm a part of this world because nature itself is greeting me." He felt embarrassed after saying too much. He felt self-centered after saying such a long story. Most people just ask to tell their story. Saying too much delays that, and annoys the other person you're having a conversation with. If you want people to stay with you, let them tell you their story.

That's based on Jake's experience, and he's certain about it.

Plus, being too emotional or sentimental doesn't make you interesting. It just makes you a a tragic person that everyone should avoid because you bring them bad vibes, but Yves thought it was cute.

He pays attention to people because he mentions his friend rather than brag about his parents' business or his relatives' franchise of this and that. He doesn't mention his expensive shirt as well, or his necklace.

"Well, if it makes you happy, then I can't argue anymore." Yves said as she stared at his scratches. Yves can't imagine herself having those. She didn't want to be scratched that bad because it might scar.