Chapter 19 - Claw Machine

Jay got back to Ten's art gallery unable to process another thing. Lee Joon is really a big part of his father's life. He also met one his father's closest friend, Min Yoongi.

Now he was wondering why Euijin had to help Sangman track down Lee Joon if they really are friends. Did his father betray Lee Joon?

Arriving at the basement, they're already nearly finishing up with the cooking. Jungwon on the other hand was just there, staring at the wall. No expressions, no unnecessary movements. He only moved when he saw Jay.

He fixed his posture and faked a smile, though deep inside he was concerned of what's happening in the school. His parents were talking about getting him transferred as soon as school ends or if another fire starts.

"That's too much meat, how will we survive for a week?" Ten told Taeyong.

"I don't care about that. We can just figure it out when we ran out of meat. Let's give the kids more meat. When I was young and moved out, it was difficult. I had nothing even rice and kimchi. Not even a triangle kimbap. All I had was tap water that survived me for 15 days before my first salary. I wished my fairy godmother would appear and feed me galbi. I wished at least one neighbor would give me spoiled rice and rotten kimchi. Nobody did." Taeyong told Ten. It was a whisper but it was a small place that they were both audible.

"Fine fairy godmother. Do your thing. Bibidi babidi booo." Ten teased and grabbed chopsticks taking a piece of meat. "For young stupid Taeyong who though he only needed money for rent to survive on his own." Ten said, shoving the meat on Taeyong's mouth. It was hot and burnt his tongue. Stupid Ten for not letting it cool down first.

But Taeyong was so touched by it. He recalled 18 year-old him who ran away from home like Jay, thinking he knew how life works. He was tearing up. If only someone was this kind to him, it would've been a little easier.

They gathered in the kitchen eating quietly. Nobody spoke the whole dinner until Jungwon and Jay had prepared for bed. That was when Taeyong excused Jay. He took him to the art gallery while Ten made sure Jungwon gets his sleep.

At first, Taeyong just let Jay walk around the gallery, staring at the paintings. He couldn't help but notice this beautiful painting of the dark mark. It's a painting based on Harry Potter. It's the mark of death eaters shoot in the sky after murdering families. During the second wizarding war, when you spot the mark outside your house, don't even dare enter your house or you'll see a crime scene. Your whole family murdered.

It was a horrifying mark, but it really does look good on a painting. Keeping in mind that it was just based on a book and not in real life might help you appreciate that it looks beautiful.

"So, why did you have the lighter?" Taeyong asked. He knew that it would be cruel to interrogate the child, but it was a must. He has to how where he got it and know everything Jay knows already about the owner.

"It was in a teacher's pouch, Kwon Yuri." Jay simply answered. He trusts Taeyong and Ten more than anyone. They took him in and fed him already.

"Who else knows that you have it besides me and Ten?" Taeyong asked curiously.

He couldn't think of anyone. He's pretty sure Yves didn't even see the markings on the lighter. Though she knew that it was him who started the fire. It wasn't what Taeyong wanted to know though.

"I don't think so." Jay muttered.

Taeyong sighed in relief. "What about the nameplate? Where did you get it?" Taeyong asked.

Jay couldn't answer. He didn't know if he has the rights to reveal Sunghoon's secrets. After all, he hasn't heard what Sunghoon has to say. He was thinking so hard for an excuse not to answer the question, and got an excuse right away.