Exception

Yeosang is a merman. He gets trapped on a ship of pirates eager to sell his tail. He is soon saved by more pirates who at first wanted to do the same but seeing how he was treated on the other ship they kept him safe and helped him recuperate.

Yeosang flicked his gold and white tail as he moved throughout the schools of fish. He was greeted by other merpeople and he shyly greeted them back. Yeosang was known by all the merpeople in this town as they usually have received Yeosangs help.

Yeosang was very knowledgeable about pretty much anything so many turned to him for help and he gives them the help they need. He also freely teaches some of the pips in his free time.

So as he was swimming to his classroom he notices the merpeople staring in fear at the surface. He looked up and saw a ship. His face paled and he flicked his tail harder. Nets were released and he panicked. Many people did. All the pups were too slow to swim away so Yeosang took a deep breath and swam hard reaching the pups that are trapped in four seconds. He grabs them by the arms and pulls them out and swims them to deeper waters.

He returned to the surface to free an elderly mermaid and had others lead her to safety, he smiled in relief and turned to them only to have a net wrap around his tail. He cursed and pulled at the ropes but they were too tight. They made his tail bleed and he sobbed into the water. The other merpeople tried everything from sharp rocks to crabs but nothing could get through the thick ropes. He was knocked out as he saw one of the humans jump into the water scaring all the merpeople into hiding.

Yeosang dismissed their betrayal and smiled sadly before fully passing out.
The person who jumped in pulled him up  and fully wrapped the net around him for an easy lift. The snarl on his face as he saw the merman was horrendous.

Soon enough Yeosang was lifted onto the deck and the men all around them pulled at the ropes before tying him to the mast assuming he would survive.

How wrong they were. Waking up Yeosang felt a searing pain in his lower body as he gazed down he saw his tail being dehydrated and crispy. He flinched at the pain of a simple dip in the ships movement and tried to not cry.

He wasn't going to be able to magically get legs as all humans believe. His anatomy isn't the same as a siren. He would probably be fine for about six days before he really starts to die but that doesn't mean he won't be pained.

He bit his lip deeply to stop his sobs as the sun scorched his body. Red spots sprouted along his torso and face and his tail became a misty gold colour from being dehydrated.

He was tied against a mast from what he could see at the angle he was sat at.
He watched the pirates mope around on deck some sneering in his direction. He clenched his hands as best he could and tried to glare at them but the sun's glare made it hard to open his eyes.

His wounds along the bottom of his tail were infected. He winced at the sight before staring up into the sky panting as sweat riddled down his body.

He was slowly being cooked alive and he hated the feeling. He now knew how the lobsters felt when they were tied above a gyesor for their annual celebrations.

He coughed as his throat closed up and he licked his lips, mouth slowly turning off-dry. It was really hot and he really needed water. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep the day away. Maybe overnight a storm will brew allowing him to rehydrate. But he knew that was unlikely as he next storm wasn't until a month away.

He stayed there trying not to move as much as possible before he finally was able to sleep with the ache in his body. Once he awoke again it was midnight and dark. He breathed a sigh of relief as the pains had died down considerably. No water reached his fins but no sun scorched him.