Survivalist

They laughed at him.

They ridiculed him.

They didn't listen to him.

Sucks to be them.

Time and time again Yeosang would expect a disaster to happen.

He prepped for anything he needed.

He kept a large supply of food.

A couple of hunting knives and cross bows.

He kept warm clothing.

And as always karma is a bitch.

Within the time frame off a month the news blew up with the stories of countries being completely wipped out by earthquakes and floods. So far 32 countries have fallen victim to nature.
People dead, being washed away underneath your feet.

He felt luxurious at this moment in time which was what led him to fully gather anything he needed to survive.

He had shelves upon shelves of food stored in his basement, he fortified the basement with metal sheeting and using raised platforms.

He was prepared.

Korea was next.

Another two weeks past and another six countries fell to the disasters.

Yeosang started baricading his house. For anything he could think of earthquake, flood, tornado.

He wanted to be sure he would be safe.

The day came. Korea faced an earthquake and a flash flood.
He watched people screaming running around.

He stood in his doorway watching the water follow them towards the other end of the city. He smirked.

Call him heartless but they got what they deserved. Karmas always a bitch.

He noticed seven men he had never seen in this area get onto a roof next to his. He cursed and got their attention.

He wasn't that cold hearted he didn't hold a grudge.

The building they were on was slipping.

"hey! You guys the buildings about to go.!" he yelled a roos finally getting their attention. He motioned for them to come towards him.

"jump over here!" he shouted and the guys nodded. Yeosang stepped back from his balcony railings and one by one they jumped, the last guy wasn't so lucky. He managed to jump alright but the building moved quicker than expected nicking his foot putting his balance off. He landed on the pavement on th bottom of the balcony. He was slipping.

Yeosang cursed and reach for him before everyone else helped.
They managed to get the male onto the balcony and indoors.

He made them all a cup of hot chocolate to warm them up before handing them all wet wipes to wash up and gave them some clothes that he thought might fit them.

"you guys OK?" he asked and they nodded.

"thanks to you we are, I'm hongjoong, without you I would be a gonner" the male they saved said and Yeosang nodded with a smile.

He looked out the window to see his house being avoided by the water thanks to the large barriers he created. He'd have to regularly check them though if the water doesn't go down.

"what brings you guys here?" Yeosang asked and a blonde spoke up.

"I'm seonghwa, and we were on a road trip and got caught in the disaster. From films we watched we knew we had to escape the water so we went to higher ground." seonghwa explained and Yeosang nodded before gulping the rest of his drink down.

"alright. I have food for you all and this place is protected at best but I'll need some help. These bastards didn't listen to me and look what happened. The food will last a year and I think this will last maybe six months, the water level is really high. "Yeosang said wincing when he saw the water almost reaching the top of his baracades. Luckily it stopped rising.

" there's plenty to do here and hopefully I can fish out my old board games don't want to start any fires. "Yeosang joked lighting up the mood.

"oh right I need the names of the rest of you"Yeosang said in realisation.

" I'm yunho " a blue haired male said
" I'm mingi" a black haired me said
"I'm wooyoung and this is san" said a silver haired male motioning to him and a male with red streaks in his hair.

"I'm jongho" said a red haired male with a bear looking face.

Yeosang smiled and stretched.

"well all we can do is wait around." Yeosang said and just after that the lights shut off. The apartment was casted in a dim shadow.

"I hole no one has an allergy to wax, I'll need to get the candles out soon" Yeosang said and everyone said no.

"good" Yeosang said stiffly.

Seonghwa got up and looked about while everyone was in their own world. He wanted to explore the place.

Yeosang had left down stairs which he's surprised to find completely void of water. Seonghwa decided to follow him, they entered a pantry and seonghwa whistled at the large amount of food on shelves.

"oh seonghwa?I didn't know you followed anyway this is my basement I have been storing these things for a while but they're all good. Can you grab the gas stove and some tins of curry, I'll grab the rice and seasonings." Yeosang asked and seonghwa nodded.

He grabbed the things and placed them in the kitchen. Yeosang approached him two seconds later.

He set the rice bag on the side before getting started with the help of seonghwa. They made curry fairly easily and portioned it out so everyone got equal. Whatever was left on someone's plate someone would eat the rest.

After the me everyone was a lot warmer so Yeosang went into his cupboard and found six board games.

The first was monopoly, then there was game of life, cluedo, scrabble, a few craft boxes. Then there was chess and ludo. He also had four card packets.
Cards against humanity, regular cards and new phone who dis?

They voted for whay gme to play today and ultimately cluedo won. They played eight rounds before eating again and watching TV on Yeosangs laptop (very large screen) which he miraculously managed to find a portable WiFi for and they did a movie marathon, they got to know each other better after the games were done and then went to sleep.

This reoccurred for eight months before society went back to normal and these eight people became good friends.

After the events Yeosangs neighbours where a lot nicer and heeded the warnings. He kept his blockade up for privacy and enjoyed refurbishing his entire house. He needed a change of scenery honestly.

He also managed to collect a ton of board games, card games, digital movies and many many battery powered ports so if another disaster happens they can use the Internet and charge things.

Their friendship grew deeper and Yeosangs started speaking to seonghwa in a more flirty tone. A few days after that they started dating.

Maybe this was just a patch of fate.
A diamond in the rough.
Who knows, all Yeosang knows is he made some of the best friends he could ever wish for and he's glad he saved them.

Fates such a silly thing but as always it is always accurate. And Yeosang gladly accepts fate is real.