One

April 4th

Olivia laid beside Elliot and rubbed his chest gently as they laid together in her bed. Elliot had his arms wrapped around Olivia, as they attempted to recover from what they just did.

"Just as amazing as last time." Elliot smiled as Olivia lifted her head and stared at him.

"It was... but can I ask you something?" Olivia asked nervously. For the past few months, she and Elliot had changed their relationship from best friends and partners, to best friends and fuck buddies. It really messed things up considerably, but they both didn't have anyone in their lives until they got together.

"Depends on the question, Olivia." Elliot chuckled as he let his hand slip from her back and down to her bare ass.

"Do you want to date?" Olivia questioned shyly as she gnawed on her slightly swollen lip.

"What?" Elliot breathed.

"Do you want to be my boyfriend? Because then this might lead to something. Like kids-"

"I don't want kids, Olivia. We made a deal. This is strictly sex. Just something to help us relax. And I don't want to complicate this." Elliot sighed. Olivia dropped her eyes as they flooded with tears.

She was starting a shake a bit as she tried to not cry, but it was very hard for her.

"I'm going to go shower... you can see yourself out." Olivia breathed before climbing out of bed and quickly heading towards her bathroom.

"Liv, it's just better this way!" Elliot yelled.

///

April 5th

The next morning, Olivia walked in completely shaking. Not only did she feel like she had to end things with Elliot, she also felt like she was going to burst into tears every second she had been awake so far.

Olivia slowly walked through the open squadroom doors before heading towards her desk. She pulled her chair down and started to turn on her computer as Elliot walked from the locker room.

"Morning, Liv." Elliot smiled as he winked at her. It was as if he didn't realize he had broken her heart the night before.

Olivia never did expect to catch feelings for her blue eyed partner, but she did and she regretted it big time.

"Stabler." Olivia sighed weakly. She kept her eyes away from Elliot, because she knew that if she looked at him she'd start to bawl.

"What's wrong?" Elliot mused, and Olivia quickly lifted her eyes and looked at him.

"Are you honestly going to be this dumb?" Olivia hissed.

"Liv-" Elliot started, but Olivia stood and stomped towards the locker room. Elliot followed quickly and shut the door behind them.

"Elliot, leave me the hell alone." Olivia spat.

"Why are you acting like this? I thought we were on the same page in regards to us just fucking!" Elliot exclaimed.

"I don't know what is wrong with you... but I love you and I'd like to be more than just your fuck buddy! So please just leave me alone!" Olivia sobbed.

"No! I'm not going to leave you alone! We made the agreement to just-"

"I don't care what we agreed on! Elliot, I love you and I can't just sleep with you anymore! I want to date you and spend the rest of my life with you! Actually, I had wanted to, but now I just want to smack you!" Olivia yelled. She quickly moved from the locker room with Elliot following her.

But once Olivia was out into the squadroom, she grabbed her jacket and left while Elliot slumped down in his chair.

"Where is she going?" Munch asked, from where he and Fin were sitting at their desks. They were acting as if they hadn't heard the fight in the locker room, but it was hard not to hear it because Olivia and Elliot's voices both traveled.

"I don't give a fuck about-" Elliot didn't get to finish his statement. He would never finish that statement because the sound of four gunshots rang throughout the floor.

///

Elliot stood shaking as he stood in the puddle of Olivia's blood. His hands and clothes were stained, and he never knew if he'd be able to look at his hands and see anything but Olivia's blood or her lifeless body.

"Elliot." Cragen spoke quietly, as he approached his detective.

"That man... who is he?" Elliot asked weakly as he turned around slowly.

"Josef Underwood. He was arrested by Olivia four times while she was an officer. She sent him to jail each time." Cragen frowned.

"So this was revenge? Shooting Olivia was payback for her just doing her job." Elliot whimpered.

"Elliot-"

"Don't try and comfort me! Don, my best friend is dead! She's never coming back because we got into a fight and she decided to leave! How the fuck do I forgive myself for letting her get killed! Captain, I was an asshole and now she's dead!" Elliot screamed, before trying to leave the scene.

Cragen grabbed his detective before holding him still.

"Olivia is in a better place now. We will all miss her so much, but there is nothing we can do now. We just have to be strong." Cragen replied as the elevator dinged before the doors opened.

Cragen and Elliot both looked at the door and saw Casey standing there with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Olivia's dead?" Casey whimpered, and Elliot broke down into sobs before running out. 

"He tried to save her... but nothing could have saved her from what happened." Cragen frowned before moving to his ADA. He hugged her tightly as she cried.

Cragen had been a memeber of the NYPD for many years. He had watched officers get shot, take their own lives, or get removed for being dirty. But out of everything he has seen, the loss of Olivia had been the hardest.

When she joined the squad, she made them more of a family than anything else. They really took care of each other, and Cragen thought of Olivia as his daughter. He loved her and wanted to protect her no matter what. But he failed, just like Elliot did.

One hour down. An endless amount more to go.