Eight

Olivia didn't know how she'd manage to get out of the bathroom with no one seeing her or asking questions, and she didn't know how she'd explain this to her boss either. A knock sounded on the door not long after Olivia walked into the bathroom, and Olivia didn't know what to do. 

"Maggie? Are you okay?" Jodi asked from outside the closed door.

"Uh, the baby is just giving me hell this morning... I'm sorry, but I might need to go home." Olivia struggled to speak.

"I can go talk to Mr.-"

"Someone is coming to get me soon... if a guy walks in with slick back black hair, just tell me. He's my... he's Missy's boyfriend. He's helping me." Olivia sniffled.

"Okay. I'll tell him where you are. Are you sure that you-"

"Jodi, please. I'm going to get sick again." Olivia lied quickly. Olivia faked vomiting noises as Jodi walked away from the locked bathroom door.

Olivia let out a sigh of relief as she checked her phone for any messages from Agent Harrellson. But it wasn't long before another knock sounded on the door.

"Margaret Montgomery? I'm Detective John Munch and we need to talk to you. Either we can do this the easy way or the hard way. Your choice." John spoke. Tears sprung into Olivia's eyes as she heard how angry and annoyed John sounded. She wanted to just open the door and talk to him, but she'd blow her cover and it was important that she didn't.

Since Olivia didn't respond, John started to knock even louder on the door as Olivia leaned against the wall and tried her hardest to not panic. 

"Margaret Montgomery, open up now or we will have to arrest you for-" John didn't get to finish his statement before Agent Harrellson was telling him to back off.

"She's pregnant and feeling sick. Back off and leave her alone. I'm taking her home." He huffed.

"We have questions to-"

"You can ask her questions another time. Now, back off." He ordered. Olivia moved to the door and unlocked it for Agent Harrellson. He stepped in and shut it behind him before looking at Olivia and frowning.

"Here are some glasses and put this jacket on. I'm trying to bulk you up a bit before we leave. Okay?"

"They have worked with me for years. Fin and John have saved my life multiply times. They know my voice... probably even with my shitty Boston accent." Olivia whispered quickly.

"Don't worry. I'll get you out of here without them realizing. Then my boss will contact them."

"They probably think I hurt my co-worker."

"You didn't kill her. Someone else did."

"Emily is dead." Olivia whispered, and he frowned and nodded.

"We got word this morning... we are going to make sure you don't get hurt if this could possibly be connected to the guy that shot you."

Olivia didn't say another thing as she pulled the jacket on before pushing the glasses on her face. She looked in the mirror and knew that these accessories wouldn't do shit. John and Fin knew Olivia's face, and would have forgotten it in the months since her 'death'.

Agent Harrellson opened the door before grabbing Olivia's hand and helping her out of the bathroom. He quickly moved her to the door, but they were barely outside before Fin was yelling Olivia's new name.

"Margaret Montgomery!"

"Detective, I told you to lay off!" Harrellson spat.

"I don't care who you are but-"

"I'm Special Agent Harrellson with the FBI. I told your partner and I will tell you one last time to back off. I won't interfere in your investigation if you can lay off of my person. Got it?!" Harrellson warned, as he showed  Fin his badge.

"Who is she?" Fin questioned, and Harrellson sighed.

"She is not the one that killed your victim. She was at home and I know that because I watch her house. So leave her alone."

///

Olivia laid in her bed and sobbed. Alex sat beside her and rubbed her back gently as she fought off her own tears. This was the first time where Olivia had seen someone from her past. Yes, she had seen Alex, but Alex was also hiding to protect her life so it wasn't the same.

Alex had seen a few judges from Manhattan when she was in her first placement, and it broke her heart the first time. But each time after got easier.

"Olivia, everything will be okay." Alex spoke softly as she rubbed circles into Olivia's back.

"I wanted to run to them and hug them! I miss them so much, Alex!" Olivia sobbed.

"I know you miss them, and honestly I miss them too... but for your safety and the safety of Amelia, you need to stay away from them. Just focus on anything but them."

"They threatened to arrest me... can you imagine how they'd feel when they cuffed me and realized that I'm Olivia? Instead of Maggie?" Olivia breathed, as she sat up and brushed the tears from her cheeks.

"They probably would have been shocked, then excited, probably a little angry, but then so freaking happy."

"Do you think that when I go home, you'll be able to go home too?" Olivia whispered, and Alex shrugged as she stood and found Olivia's hairbrush before bringing it back to the bad. She motioned for Olivia to turn before she started to brush the knots from her friend's hair.

"Liv, I don't think I'll ever go home... I even missed my mother's funeral." Alex breathed.

"I went." Olivia spoke, as she turned back around.

"What?" Alex asked.

"I went to her funeral. We buried her beside you. She missed you so much and when she passed... she kept saying that she'd finally be able to see her baby again."

"You were there when she passed too?" Alex sniffled.

"She needed someone, so I was that person. Alex, I know that you told me not to go back to the city... but maybe we should go and see our graves. And you could see your mother's."

"I don't want to get hurt..."

"I may be a banker right now, but I'm still a cop at heart. I can protect you."

"But not from a sniper."