Thirteen

Their first night together was amazing, minus getting the call from Cragen. Olivia knew that people would be angry when they found out she was alive, but she never expected that her boss would be completely pissed off that she was alive.

"I'm surprised that she slept through the night." Elliot breathed as he laid in bed with Olivia and Amelia. They had moved Amelia from her carrier and into bed with her parents since Elliot didn't want to be apart from her for too long.

"She's a really good sleeper, El. She should be waking up soon to be fed and to have her diaper changed though." Olivia smiled tiredly as she reached out and gently ran her fingers through Elliot's hair.

"I love this." Elliot whispered, and Olivia nodded as tears welled in her eyes.

"Elliot, I have waited over a year to be with you again. I feel like it got even harder to make it through every day because we got to see each other again..." Olivia trailed off softly.

"Are you scared to go back to work?" Elliot asked, and Olivia nodded slowly.

"I don't know... I don't know if I even wanna go back. Cragen probably won't even want me back. He's pissed off at me, but I couldn't just come back and tell him that I was alive before the FBI could determine if Amelia and I would be safe."

"He'll get over it. We all will."

"What do you have to get over, Stabler?" Olivia asked, and Elliot smiled as he lifted Amelia up and held her against his chest. Her small fist grabbed a portion of his t-shirt and held it tightly as she continued to sleep.

"The fact that you couldn't even send me a sonogram picture of Amelia. You didn't even have to tell me that it was yours."

"I wasn't going to be a weirdo sending sonogram pictures to you. Now, I'm going to go get a shower before Amelia wakes up."

///

At a little after ten that morning, Elliot called Fin, John, and Casey over to his apartment. Olivia told him too, so they could see with their own eyes that she was alive. Casey was the first one to show up, so Elliot led her back to his bedroom.

"Case."

"Yeah?" Casey asked nervously.

"Something huge is happening." Elliot breathed.

"What? Elliot, I don't love you-"

"I know you don't. Don't worry about that... but I asked you to come over today because someone, well two people, needed and wanted to see you." Elliot breathed.

"Who?" Casey asked nervously, but she didn't get a response because Elliot was heading back to the front door to buzz Fin and John in.

Casey looked at the door for a moment before opening it hesitantly. She moved in quietly before looking around for a second.

"Hello?"

"Case?" Olivia asked, as she quickly came out of the bathroom. Casey's eyes went wide when she saw Olivia standing there. 

She had arrived on scene just moments after Olivia's body had been removed from the precinct's floor. She hadn't seen her since the day before she was killed, and she hated herself for not being able to get to the precinct quick enough to see her one last time.

"O-olivia." Casey struggled to breathe as she looked at the woman that she loved with her whole heart. Elliot had yet to tell Olivia about Casey's love for her, because he wanted Casey to tell her herself.

"I've missed you so much, Casey!" Olivia sniffled as she quickly walked over to her friend before wrapping her arms around her tightly and holding her close. Casey broke down into sobs as she clung to Olivia.

"How are you alive?" Casey sobbed, and Olivia swallowed hard as she caressed Casey's red locks.

"The FBI knew about what Josef was planning. They didn't tell me... but they got me out of the precinct and to a private hospital. I got better there and then they relocated me. I was living in Elizabeth since the shooting, and last night I finally got released and was able to come here. I was able to be with Elliot again."

"Y-you want to be with him after everything he has done to you?" Casey breathed, and Olivia nodded.

"Yeah, I do. Especially since we have a daughter together."

"A daughter... is her name Amelia?" Casey asked, and Olivia nodded.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Olivia mused.

"Because Elliot was so much happier after he met this girl named Amelia. I guess I never did think that she could be his daughter."

"I'm sorry that I couldn't come to you and see you... but they only wanted me to see Elliot. I love him and-"

"Olivia, I love you." Casey spoke quickly.

"I love you too, Case. You are one of my best friends." Olivia smiled as she used her thumbs to wipe tears from Casey's cheeks.

"No, I mean that I love you the way that Elliot loves you..."

///

Olivia didn't mention what Casey had said to her. She just let it drop and was quickly distracted when John and Fin showed up. She got to hug them and she even told them that she was Margaret Montgomery and was the only reason why the FBI took over their murder case.

Later that night, Olivia headed to the precinct. She had called the desk officer and asked if Captain Cragen was still there, and she wasn't shocked when the answer was yes.

"Don?" Olivia asked softly after knocking on his door. Cragen looked up from his desk and swallowed hard when he saw his detective.

"I watched you bleed out on the floor in front of the elevator. I was the one to call an ambulance, and I was the one to try to stop the bleeding. I was the one that had to pull Elliot off of your supposedly dead body because he was beyond broken. I lost a daughter that day, Olivia. And I'm so pissed off at you for not coming to me. For not telling me what was happening! I deserved to know! I deserved to know that you were alive! Instead, I was grieving and trying my hardest to not break every single fucking day!"