Seventeen

Alex woke up the next morning to the sounds of Olivia and Elliot trying to get around as quietly as possible. She opened her eyes slowly and smiled weakly when she saw Amelia standing at the coffee table as she drank from her bottle.

"Hey, Amy." Alex breathed, as she sat up and moved around the table. Amelia looked at the stranger with confused blue eyes, before walking away with her bottle still held in one hand.

"Oh, did she wake you?" Olivia asked, as she moved from the kitchen and scooped her baby up.

"No. I heard you and Elliot getting ready, so I woke up." Alex sighed.

"Okay, well, we are leaving in ten minutes. Do you want to go anywhere? We could drop you off somewhere or you could just hang out here." Olivia replied as she rested her cheek against Amelia's brown curls.

"I'm fine." Alex huffed, and Olivia rolled her eyes as she moved and grabbed the diaper bag from Elliot's recliner.

"Okay. We will see you later. Or maybe not." 

Olivia left the living room and headed back into the kitchen, as Elliot walked from his bedroom and smiled at Alex.

"How'd you sleep?"

"I slept okay. She's a real bitch in the morning." Alex grumbled.

"I heard you talking to her, and you were extremely short with her. I asked Case to come over this afternoon. She doesn't know that you are alive, so you can tell her when she gets here. You should know where everything is, Olivia has it like every single apartment she has ever lived in."

"She was being a bitch to me. I was-"

"El, we should really head out now. Before I hit her." Olivia spoke quickly as she stepped out of the kitchen.

"Sounds good. C'mon, Amy. We have to drop you off at daycare, pumpkin."

///

While Olivia and Elliot were at work, Alex snooped around their apartment. She kept looking through drawers and cabinets because she wanted to see if Olivia's life had been as amazing as she made it seem.

She stopped snooping when she found a box of unopened pregnancies tests because she was so pissed off. She wanted a family. A husband and kids. But instead she had nothing.

"Liv? El? Amy?" Casey asked loudly, as she unlocked the apartment's door with her emergency key.

Alex swallowed hard when she heard her friend's voice, before she quickly left Olivia's bathroom and moved towards the living room.

"Hey, Casey." Alex spoke, and Casey's eyes went wide as she dropped her bag.

"What the hell?! How are all my best friends coming back from the dead?!" Casey cried, before quickly running to Alex. They embraced tightly for several long moments before Alex leaned back.

"Liv and I were the last of them... I think. You look really good, Case. The red hair looks way better than that blonde you were trying out for awhile." Alex teased, and Casey laughed before hugging Alex again.

"I only bleached the fuck out of my hair because I couldn't get the balls to tell Liv that I love her."

"What?" Alex questioned, as she leaned back again.

"I'm in love with Olivia... she knows, and we are still friends."

"She is such a monster." Alex exclaimed, as she stepped away from Casey and raked her fingers through her messy blonde hair.

"What? Alex, Olivia isn't a monster. She is an amazing detective, mom, and I've seen her with Elliot... She's a great wife too. What is happening with you?"

"I was put into the program years before she did. I didn't get to be by my mother's side when she passed away nor did I get to go to her funeral. Olivia got to be there for her, but not me. And Olivia got released about a year after she went into the program, but I had to wait almost five years to be released. It's dumb!"

"I'm sorry that you feel like that... but she didn't have any control over what was happening and when she could be released. Alex, your killer was considered a ghost. No one could find him. That's why it took so freaking long for you to come back home!"

"And then she leads you on!" Alex exclaimed, and Casey shrugged as she moved over to the sofa before sitting down.

"I'll find someone else. I'll fall in love with another girl and we can have a family together."

"But you don't want someone else. You want Liv."

"I'll always love her, but I can feeling it slowly moving to us being friends instead. Great friends. And I'm the best aunt to little Amy."

"I can't stop myself from hating her." Alex sniffled, as she sank down beside Casey before leaning her head against her shoulder.

"I get that, Alex... but you gotta just forgive her for things that she has no control over. If you hate her for the rest of your life, you are missing out on a lot. Like Amelia. She is such a sweet little girl and we absolutely love her."

"We?"

"The crew. Me. Liv and El. We love that little girl and she's made everything so much better for us all."

"I guess I should figure out how to get over this all..." Alex breathed, and Casey nodded.

"So, do you wanna have a more permanent place to stay?" Casey asked, and Alex nodded.

"Yeah... could I rent your spare room?" Alex asked, and Casey laughed as she tugged Alex close.

"You aren't renting it. It's yours."

///

Elliot had to stay late to finish up a few things, so Olivia got Amelia and headed home alone.

When she got back to her place, Alex was standing in the living room as she looked at the pictures on the wall.

"I'm surprised you are still here." Olivia breathed, and Alex turned around and nodded slowly.

"Liv, I'm sorry." Alex frowned.

"What?"

"I'm sorry for blaming everything on you, when you had no control over it all. I'm sorry for treating you like shit, because I was just upset. I'm staying in town, but moving in with Casey... so please allow me to be around you, El, and Amy... and whatever babies may come in the future." Alex breathed, and Olivia blushed a bit.

"Uh, so you found the tests?" Olivia asked, and Alex nodded.

"They were still close, but it still pissed me off." Alex said with a weak laugh.

"You are forgiven. And of course you can be apart of my life. And to start, can you get Amy unbundled? I have to make dinner."

"So you cook now?" Alex teased, and Olivia smiled at her friend for the first time in forever and it felt amazing.

"I haven't killed my family yet, so I guess you could call it cooking."