01

Note: This story is fictional; characters, events. The anime used in this book does not belong to me, credits goes to the creators of the anime Haikyuu!!, to Haruichi Furudate. The plot does not always abide to those in the anime for this is a story written by my imagination. All real life events similar to the story is purely coincidental. This story may also contain major spoilers of the anime.

!!! Trigger Warning: READER's discretion is advised. !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The smell of the morning breeze always makes me smile; the fresh smell of trees, the fresh air; all of them. Whenever I wake up I would feel the sun shine on me, hitting my eyes, blinding me and forcing me to wake up. This is my morning everyday.

Today, I wake up at 6AM to get ready for school. The sun's already up, I should be too. I push the covers off me, getting up to make my bed as my first chore in the morning. I head to the bathroom, stretching my arms out as I yawned, trying to wake myself up. I smile at my reflection, telling myself, "You're beautiful and special," as a way of boosting my self-esteem. I undress myself, folding my clothes neatly on the countertop, going ahead to take a shower.

"Good morning." I greet my mother, kissing her cheek as she cooked breakfast for us. I walk to the fridge, taking out a carton of milk and a cookie; I drink straight from the carton of milk, earning a glare from my mother. I gave her a cheeky smile, giggling at how she reacted to my behavior. "I don't need a glass for this." I say, getting a flick on the forehead from my mom. I scrunch my nose as I rub my forehead.

"You are definitely your father's daughter. He never drinks milk from a glass, he would always drink straight from the carton." I look at my dad whose face had a surprised look on it; he's probably wondering why he's suddenly dragged into our conversation when he just got out of the room. I chuckle seeing my dad give my mom a look, they look like high school sweethearts.

"I'm pretty sure I am my father's daughter, but I'm most certainly my mother's. Unlike daddy, I'm a morning person just like my beautiful mother." I hug my mother, getting a look from her, she knows that I'm only trying to get on her good side. My mom gently pinches my side, making me back away from her.

I suddenly saw the time, 7:20AM, I have to leave now. I run to my room, wearing my blazer and swinging my bag over my shoulder. I run back to the kitchen, also the dining room, taking a piece of bread and quickly finishing it. I make my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth, brushing them thoroughly even though I'm rushing already.

"Bye mom! Bye dad!!" I yell, bidding goodbye as I ran out of the house to go to school.

My friends live quite far from me so I walk to school, alone. I do get somehow jealous of those students, who have their friends near them, they walk home together and they go to school together. It's fun having friends around, especially when you need someone to talk to.

I walk into the building, going to my shoe locker to wear my indoor slippers. I wave at friends that I see, getting a smile and a wave back from them. I happily walk to class, opening my arms when I saw my best friends on their seats. The two of them ran up to me, we hugged each other tightly.

"We're finally second years!" Maki cheers, eyes sparkled with the sun that shone into the classroom. I chuckle, taking a seat near theirs. "Let's make plans for this year." She looks at me and Honami, wriggling her brows as she thinks of plans. I chuckle, seeing that weird face she always uses when she thinks of something. "We should get a boyfriend!" I look at her, raising both my brows, her plan is somehow ridiculous. I turn to Honami and her eyes were sparkling with determination, she's agreeing to it.