H B D

Kenma's birthday is nearing and Emika has been asking me what we should do for her papa's birthday. I actually forgot that it's his birthday since we've both been very busy with work and we were even invited to go to Paris for the fashion week.

I've checked our schedules and it turns out that the trip to France will cross with his birthday. Ever since Emika was born, thinking of things for ourselves rarely cross our heads. All we think of is what we could do for her and what she wants to do.

Being parents, especially earlier than we expected, I don't know if he had second thoughts about everything but this was probably not in his plans at all. Well 5 years ago that is. I was only turning 23 and he was 24, we're now nearing our 30s, I feel old what the hell.

Emika wanted a party for him but we can't since we'll be overseas by then. She always loves having parties for the birthdays so we always try to have them but with this one, unfortunately it's just us, our family we'll be the only ones around for his birthday. Us Kozume's.

I still can't fully grasp everything. Getting called a Kozume still makes me feel all weird and flustered, I'm in fact still shy over that. He always laughs at me for being surprised to be called Kozume, the feeling's good but it's something yet I have to get used to.

Though in Emika's Daycare Center, I'm mostly called Kozume so that doesn't surprise me as much as having our friends say it. Kuroo does it every time and Emika is surprisingly the one who tries to fight him. Though we always end up laughing at how cute she is.

I knock on the door before entering, seeing him turn to me. He's pretty laid back on that chair. "Stressed out?"

"Not really." I haven't heard those for a while. "Are you going to pick her up? It's probably time for you to go." I give him a sweet smile, having him return a small one. He feels bad.

I got pulled into a hug and now I'm on his lap. "Aren't we too old for acting like this?" He shook his head and kissed my forehead. "Hey.. Both of us are her parents so don't feel bad for me going to get her on my own."

"That tires you out since I'm not around to drive all of us home, and Emika always wants me to get her too." I cup his cheeks and pressed a kiss on his lips. "Almost 6 years of marriage... I'm glad." I hum, tilting my head to the side in confusion. "Us being together is longer than us separated back then."

"You're going to be sentimental again. Stop that." He nuzzled my nose, both of us letting out quiet chuckles. Just then..

The door flew open, making a sound when it hit the wall. I almost fell off Kenma. We both look at the door to see Naoki standing, dumfounded at probably how he saw us. He's going to give us a mouthful for being too lovey-dovey in Kenma's office again.

"You guys can't get enough of each other.." He complained, phew that disgusted face is incredibly obvious man.

I gave Kenma a kiss on the cheek, getting off him so that Mitsugi-san won't be uncomfortable. I get my things from the couch, smiling at the two when I felt them stare. Kenma got his wallet out and I already know what he's going to give me.

"Eat out with her." I shake my head. "It's just once, (Y/n). She's been down lately."

I take the money from him and got his wallet, putting it back in its place. He groaned, giving me a glare so I glared back. "Really? Without you? She won't smile over food, having you around is what she wants."

Kenma hasn't picked her up with me for almost two months, that's probably shocking to her and.. having me leave them both back then because of what happened to Kazuhiko probably traumatizes her so having one of us away is already frightening to her.