thirty five

It had been three days since what happened with Aaron, and I had honestly been a mess. I was going to work, and of course, Aaron wasn't. He had been calling and texting me constantly, trying to get me to talk to him. I'm assuming Jack told him I had come over, because the calls started only around thirty minutes after I had left.

I was staying at Spencer's house full time now, but I really just wanted to be home.

I sat at my cubicle, finishing up some paperwork before I headed back to Spencers. I was one of the last people in the office, and I was minding my own business, until I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I looked up from my papers to see who it was, revealing Derek standing there. I shot him a fake tight lipped smile,

"Hey, Strauss want's to talk to the two of us" I raised an eyebrow, and he nodded at the confused look on my face, "Yeah, I'm confused too. Come on" I stood and followed him towards the elevators, and he pressed the button for the top floor, where Strauss' office was located. "How've you been?" I shrugged.

"Tired" I replied with a one word answer.

I was miserable, I was in so much emotional pain, it was crazy. The knowledge of the fact that Aaron really didn't care about me was eating me alive.

Derek sighed and nodded, putting his hand on my back. "Have you talked to Aaron?" I looked at him in shock. "Garcia told me" I pursed my lips together, glancing back in front of us. The elevator door opened and we stepped out as I spoke,

"No, we haven't" Before he could ask any more questions, we saw Strauss standing in front of her office. She noticed us, and she waved us over.

"Come in, quickly" She ordered, and we exchanged looks. We however did follow her inside, sitting in front of her desk. She did the same, but behind it, and she opened a case file. "I need agent Gordon to go undercover to catch her sister" I shook my head, trying to comprehend what she just told us.

"I...I'm sorry?" I let out, and she handed me the file. Derek looked over my shoulder as we scanned the information in front of us.

There was another dead body, it looked like my fathers work. But there was a difference. Instead of just carving 'Fae' into their body, it was a 'Ver'.

Fuck, she was killing people again.

"How do I go undercover?" I was confused, "We don't know where she is" Strauss shook her head,

"We do know where she is, and we know how to catch her. But we cant do it at her apartment, she'd be expecting it. We have to sneak attack while she's on her way to work. That's where you come in, you look exactly like her, you pretend to be her and lure the others into the trap" Derek squinted at Strauss's words,

"How are we going to do that?" He questioned.

"Veronica goes into the location dressed as the part, a time when we have eyes on Black. You'll go in, convince them that you're Black, and then we catch all her helpers" My eyes went wide.

Helpers? "Did you just say... helpers?" I repeated, this time out loud. Strauss nodded.

"Angelina Foyet, Tim Nelson, and a third unidentified suspect. They work at a bar in DC, they aren't far. Tomorrow night, when Black leaves the apartment, we follow and arrest her. You have to pretend to be her till we have the equipment to catch them" I thought for a moment, and then I looked at Derek. He looked hesitant, but then he nodded.

"Are you.. okay with this?"

Something to get me to think of anything other than Aaron?

Of course I was okay with it.