fifty three

I knew what happened with Aaron was bad. I shouldn't have said the things I said to him, but really? Could anyone blame me?

I didn't lie about anything I said, and he obviously didn't either. If that was really how he felt, if he thought loving me was really that hard, then what was the point? He obviously didn't care about me enough to apologize.

I wasn't going to apologize first, either. He broke up with me for killing someone that was going to kill me. Sure, I knew she was coming. But she didn't know I knew that, she broke into my house and was planning on killing me eventually. I did what I had to, and I still don't regret it. I never will.

He was obviously trying to find any reason to break up with me, so he took it. I didn't break up with him for killing Foyet, he shouldn't have done this to me either unless he was basically begging for a way out.

So I walked into the office with Spencer by my side, us both holding our drinks as we laughed about some horrible joke that only him and I would find funny.

We had been together every day since Aaron broke up with me. I was a wreck, I was lashing out on every little thing. He helped me through it all though, like he always did. Knowing he would always be there for me got me through a lot of my dark days.

"Agent Seaver is on loan to us from the academy while she's in remedial training with an injury" I raised an eyebrow as I looked away from my best friend. There stood a girl with blonde hair, and she instantly reminded me of JJ.

But not exactly, she was like the Walmart version. She smiled at Emily and Derek though, "Concussion" She cut in, "Hand-to-hand got a little out of control... Don't ask" God, she was already giving me bad vibes. I kind of wanted to drop kick her for some reason, even though she hadn't done anything wrong to me.

"How's the other guy?" Emily joked, and my eye twitched. Before Agent Seaver could answer, Spencer spoke up,

"I was remediated in the academy also" He revealed, and they all looked at us. I made sure not to look at Aaron as I shot the blonde the fakest smile I could. Everyone but her noticed,

"Agent Seaver, Dr. Reid and Agent Gordon" She grinned back at the both of us, but genuinely. She made me sick.

"Um, what was your issue?" Issue? Did she just ask Spencer what his issue was?

"What was my issue? Marksmanship, physical training, obstacle course, hogan's alley, you know, pretty much everything that wasn't technically book related. They ultimately had to make exceptions to allow me into the field" He said as he noticed I grew frustrated. He put his hand on my shoulder and continued to smile, taking a sip of his drink

"Agent Seaver's going to accompany us to New Mexico, as a consultant" I didn't look at Aaron as I asked him a question.

"Why, exactly?" I was really not having it.

"On?" Derek added,

Which made Rossi and Aaron look hesitant, "She has a... unique, perspective" Rossi said as if he was trying to cover something up, which was never really good. Seaver looked at Rossi with confused eyes,

"They don't know?"

Obviously not, dip shit. Spit it out, already.

"Well, we weren't sure how you wanted to, uh..."

She cut him off, "Seaver's not my original last name, it's my mother's maiden name. Mine used to be Beauchamp. My father is Charles Beauchamp" I narrowed my eyes at her,

"As in the Redmond Ripper Charles Beauchamp?" I questioned, and she nodded.

"That's him"

I wanted to laugh, "He killed 25 women over 10 years in rural north Dakota. I think that you caught him, right, Rossi?"