sixty five

https://discord.gg/pyfGYCU u guys should come check out my friends discord server there are a bunch of CM writers and everything on there and we're looking for more people to chill with :)

I bit my lip as I stared out the window on the jet back home.

Marriage?

I mean, I really wanted to marry this man. And spend the rest of my life with him, because I was so completely and utterly and desperately in love with him. I would go to the ends of the earth for him, I would go through the worst conceivable pain ever imaginable for him. But what if we fought again? Because when we fought, it wasn't some little argument. They were usually explosive, and it would be weeks or even months before we would forgive one another.

"V? You okay?" I heard, making me turn my head to see Spencer standing there with two cups of hot tea. He sat next to me, handing me one of the mugs.

I let a small tight lipped grin appear on my face for a moment, "Thank you" I muttered, taking a sip before I answered his question, "I'm fine, I just..." I glanced over at Aaron, who was fast asleep on the little couch. I couldn't blame him, he woke up really early for no reason that morning. "I really really love him, and want to spend the rest of my life with him, you know? I--" He almost spilled his coffee from how quickly he put it down, and then he quickly grabbed my left hand. "Wow, what are you doing?" I asked him.

He narrowed his eyes, as if he were confused, and then looked back up at me, "Oh, I thought he proposed" I raised both of my brows, trying to hold back a laugh from his sudden reaction,

"No, not yet at least. I'm just thinking about it because I really want to get married and have kids with him and settle down, I really found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. But when we fight, we get explosive and we break up and we're assholes to one another. What if that's what happens? I don't want that to be the rest of my life, Spence" I explained to him, taking another sip of my tea.

I put the cup down and picked my legs up so I could press them against my chest, leaning back against the jet wall in order to fully look at him. "I think that you two only fought because of things that aren't in the way anymore. Like Fae, and Haley. They're gone, and you two seem happier now. Even though you and him aren't really 'out' as a couple again yet" I examined his face after he finished his statement, "V, I'm not telling you what to do. But if you're worried about him proposing, you shouldn't be. You two were always meant to be together, even when Haley was around. I don't usually say this, but you're stressing about nothing"

I put my mug down and instantly hugged the man I was grateful to call my best friend, "You're right, thank you" I smiled warmly as I nuzzled my face into his neck. He hugged me back, stroking my hair as he replied,

"Of course"

As we hugged, I didn't realize Spencer was thinking back to a memory.

Only a week earlier, Aaron examined the scene for his tall, lanky colleague. "Reid, can I speak to you?" He asked him as he made his way over to Spencer's desk, which made Spencer look up from his file. With a simple nod, he shut the papers into the yellow folder and stood, following Hotch to wherever he needed him to be.

They made it to his office, and Aaron shut the door behind the two. "What's up?"

"I wanted to apologize, for everything" Aaron admitted, and Spencer raised an eyebrow in confusion. He shoved his hands into his pockets as Aaron continued, "I'm not mad about what happened with you and Veronica, I know that it's over now and you two could do whatever you two wanted while we weren't together"