fifty nine

Our kisses got more aggressive as soon as we entered his apartment, his hands slid under my still soaking wet shirt and the warmth from both his house and his fingertips sent chills up my spine.

He squeezed my side, and then he smiled through the kisses. He was about to whisper something to me, when we heard, "Ronnie!"

We quickly jumped away from one another, and I fixed my sweater as I looked down to see Jack running towards me.

I smiled brightly at him through the total embarrassment I felt in that moment, kneeling down to accept the huge hug he was about to give me. "Excuse me, did you grow from last time I saw you?" I laughed as he squeezed me,

"I don't think so" He admitted, "But I missed you a lot! Daddy did too, did you know he cried a lot a--" Aaron's eyes went wide and he quickly lightly covered Jack's mouth.

I looked up at Aaron in shock as he stared down at his son, his eyes still wide and his face as red as a firetruck, "Jack, we talked about this. No exposing dad when Veronica comes back" He ordered, and I accidentally burst into laughter. Aaron took his hand away from his sons mouth and rubbed his own forehead, and Jack smiled sheepishly.

"Yeah, we did talk about that" I couldn't stop laughing,

"Come here" I told Jack, and he listened. I put my mouth to his ear and whispered, "Tell me the rest when he isn't around" He pulled away and nodded, and the both of us looked up at Aaron. He crossed his arms and raised a brow,

"We weren't talking about you, daddy" Jack lied, and I smirked devilishly.

"Yeah, we weren't talking about you. Daddy" I teased, and his eyes went wide for a split second. He cleared his throat and was about to speak,

"Oh, Aaron you're back!" we both looked towards the hall, seeing Jessica standing there with her coat and bag in hand. Aaron nodded and pulled her into the other room, and I couldn't hide my mischievous smile.

I knew what was happening later.

But for Jack, I looked at the clock. "Oh, excuse me, mister" I started as I stood up, holding my hand out for him to take, "It's way past your bed time" He took my hand and grumpily followed me to his room.

"But I'm not tired!" he whined, and we entered the room. I shook my head,

"Well guess what? If you go to bed now, we'll go do something fun this weekend. Dad and I have off on Saturday. Do you want to go to the fall festival near my house?" This instantly peeked his interest, he hopping into bed so fast I actually barely saw it. He was so excited for the day that wasn't happening for another three days.

"Yeah! My friend is going with his family when it opens" He said, almost proudly. 

"Wow, really? Maybe we'll see them there!" I smiled and tucked him into bed, "Dad's going to come say goodnight too, okay?" He nodded, and I kissed his forehead. "Goodnight, sweet boy"

"Goodnight, Ronica" he tried saying my full name for the first time, and I couldn't help but have my grin grow bigger. As I walked out of the room, Aaron and I reached the doorway at the same time. He looked me up and down before entering his sons room, and left so they could speak before bed.

When I reached the living room, I saw Jessica about to leave. She heard me enter and glanced back at me, "Hi, Veronica"

I smiled warmly at her, "Hey, have a safe drive home" I wished her, and she nodded.

"You too" And she walked out.

Jokes on her, I was definitely not leaving tonight.

But she didn't need to know that, and when she shut the door behind her, I watched Aaron walk in. "He's out like a light, whatever you told him really made him want to sleep" I smiled,