thirty eight

A bunch of people were watching us, trying to see what we were doing. And the two of us loved the attention.

I mean, we thought we liked the attention. Until we got a little too much, and we heard a voice I didn't want to hear for a very long time.

"Veronica, let's go. Now" Someone ordered, grabbing onto my wrist. I looked back at my friends as he basically dragged me out, and they were frozen in complete shock. I turned back to see him pulling me out of the loud bar, and as we did so, I ripped my arm away from him.

"What are you doing here Aaron?" I asked, bitterly. He held up his phone, revealing there were about twenty missed calls from him to me. I rolled my eyes, "Even if I saw my phone, I wouldn't have answered, anyway" I pointed out.

He scoffed, crossing his arms, "I'm not here to talk to you about what happened, but we are talking about that later" He ensured, and then continued with saying, "We have an urgent case, grab the three inside so I can drive you. You need to sober up, and fast" He then looked me up and down. Shaking his head, he started dialing a number, "You also need a change of clothes" I started walking back into the bar,

"Obviously, dip shit" I responded under my breath, going to get the others. It took me a moment to find them, but I noticed they were grabbing their things. I put my hand on JJ's shoulder, "We've got a case, urgent. Come on" I told them, and they quickly agreed.

"Just when I was starting to have fun" Emily muttered, following us out.

000

I put my hair up in a ridiculously messy bun right before sliding my dark brown, very high waisted pleated trousers up my legs. I stuffed my slightly large champagne colored satin button down inside of them, unbuttoning the top three buttons. I examined myself in the mirror as I put a light brown belt on to keep the pants up. I slid my feet into my white slingback heels, and I turned my head to see JJ shaking her head as I grabbed my glasses.

She put on her purple shirt as she spoke, "Why is it always when we start having fun?" Emily sighed, taking a sip of water to continue to sober herself up.

"The world hates us" She responded, dramatically, and I chuckled a little. They both looked at me and examined my outfit, "You look like a hot vintage history teacher" Emily let me know as I took a sip of my tea.

"That's what I go for" I joked with a wink, and the two started to laugh.

We walked out of the bathroom and quickly made our way into the meeting room. I put my tea down on the table as I sat next to Spencer, and he looked me up and down. "Nice" He whispered, complimenting my outfit as he held out his fist to bump. I smirked, punching it lightly.

"Rita Stuart, 25, second victim in Atlantic City" JJ started, pushing the remote button to reveal a picture of a dead woman dressed like she was in the 50's.

Rossi shook his head as he looked at the case file "Pretty public spot for a dump site" He pointed out, and I nodded.

"You know, technically, I think it would qualify more as a disposal site. You don't leave a body on a merry-go-round out of convenience" Reid admitted, not looking up from his own file of papers.

"He took some time with her appearance, didn't he?" Emily cut in,

Which made JJ instantly agree with her, "Yeah, her nails were polished, her hair was cut, clothes were brand-new"

"That's a lot of remorse" I spoke up, squinting at the screen as I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose. "He's putting them in these outfits, like he wants them to look their best when they're found" I observed. I turned my head to the left to look at Derek, but I noticed Aaron was staring directly at me. I raised both my brows, and he quickly snapped out of it, looking at JJ.