thirty six

"Where is Veronica?" He yelled at me, pushing the gun harder against my forehead. I did the same thing to him, but against his neck.

Yelling back at him, coldly, I said "You're staring at her"

He didn't flinch, and he kept his gun to my head. I growled at him lightly, taking me gun off of his neck. I shoved him off of me, "Fucking move" I ordered, turning back around to pick my purse up. He was staring at me, still trying to guess which one of us it was. I grabbed the bottle of gin off of one of the shelves. When I turned back to look at him, I furrowed both my brows. "Why are you still standing here? Go find my sister, asshole"

I started to strut off, and he grabbed me again. I dropped the gin on the floor, it shattering into a million pieces. The liquid was all over the floor. My heat shot in his direction, trying to pull away from him. This only made him tighten his grip on me. "Let go" He shook his head,

"You're not going anywhere, Black" I looked at him like he was crazy,

"Aaron, it's me!" He shook his head as he took the gun and purse from me, throwing them behind us. He spoke into his radio,

"I think I got her" he said into it, holding my wrists tight with both his hands. He pushed me out of the back doors, revealing a cop car. Outside of it stood a police officer, holding handcuffs. Once we reached him, he started putting them on my wrists.

I tried fighting back, "You fucking asshole, let go of me! It's Veronica!" He ignored me, and the cop shoved me into the back of the police car. I grunted in frustration, and Aaron got into the front of the police car along with the officer. He started driving off, "Are you stupid? My sister is still out there, you've got the wrong person!" I defended myself, but he continued looking straight ahead. I gave up, looking out the window.

I was this close to completing this case, I was so mad that he stopped me.

"We've got the other" I heard Prentiss say over the radio, and I scrunched my nose. I was about to start yelling again, but I knew it was no use. The asshole in front of me wouldn't have listened to me, anyway. We made it to the station, and the cop parked in front of it. Aaron got out quickly, slamming the door behind him as he did so.

He made his way around the car, opening my door and pulling me out. I growled at the amount of pain he was putting me in just by squeezing my arm too tight, and he basically dragged me into the station. It was hard to rush into the building with him with the four inch heels I was wearing, but I managed. He opened one of the doors, and when we entered, I saw a scene I never thought I would.

Fae, sitting in one of the two seats behind a metal table. We looked the exact same, same exact outfit, hair, makeup. We were identical to begin with, but now we were the same exact person.

She even had the earrings and rings to a T. She knew we were coming. Fae narrowed her eyes at me, almost like she was in shock and disgusted. "How did you..." She paused, examining me, "How did you know exactly what I was going to wear?" I shot her the same exact look.

She was fucking pretending to be me.

Hotch made me sit down in the seat next to her, and I looked at my team in front of me. I shook my head, "Is this a joke?" I asked them, and Spencer crossed his arms. His eyes wandered back and forth between Fae and I quickly.

"When's my birthday?"

"October 28th" Fae and I said at the same time, and furrowed my brows. How did she know that? I then remembered something, standing up. I looked at Emily. "Undress me" I ordered. She glanced at me like I was insane, her arms crossed.

"What?"

"My scar, the scar from the night she shot me" Fae scoffed, shaking her head. She was really good at playing me, I was almost offended.

She stood too, "Lift my dress up" The team was insanely conflicted, and Aaron was about to step forward. He tilted his head for a second, shaking his head.

"Reid and Prentiss" He ordered, gesturing to us with his fingers. Spencer walked over to me, and Emily went towards Fae. They started to unzip our dresses, which made Rossi, Aaron, and Derek turn around. They didn't want to be rude.

At least some people were respectful.

Spencer examined my stomach, and he looked at Prentiss. "This is Veronica" He ensured, but Prentiss squinted. SHe eyed Spencer with a confused look.

"No... this is" Both Spencer and I looked at Fae, revealing she had a fucking gunshot wound. It looked exactly like mine.

My jaw dropped, "You shot yourself?" She stared back at me, pretending to be lost.

"You're fucking sick" She responded, shaking her head a little.

Spencer quickly dressed me again, Prentiss doing the same thing to Fae. They sat us both back down, and I tried thinking of something, anything to get me out of this.

I bit my lip, knowing that what I was about to say was going to be so embarrassing. I looked at Aaron, "The boat-" I said, and was about to finish, but Fae cut me off.

"I went down on you" I gasped, my head shooting to look at her. The entire team was mind blown, they were all staring at Aaron.

"How do you know that!" I was seriously concerned, but she looked at me the same exact damn way.

She shook her head and scoffed, "Were you in Boston when I was?"

This fucker followed me to Massachusetts.

I looked back at my team, digging through my brain to find something I could give them, something she couldn't have known. "Ask me something, anything" I begged them, and Derek stepped forward.

"What's my favorite thing about you"

In sync, we said, "My laugh"

I growled, scrunching my nose for a second at the pure fact that I was so annoyed. "Come on, Hotch. You know me,"

And that's when she slipped up. My eyes went wide, and I looked directly at Aaron. He stood straighter, nodding. He looked down and crossed his arms, "It's her" he told everyone. Fae looked at him weird, and then at me.

The biggest shit eating, joker sized grin appeared on my face. I probably looked insane, "I don't call him Hotch" I reminded, my face dropping as I said so, and Derek pulled her up aggressively. I let out a sigh of relief, leaning back in my chair as Fae tried fighting back. JJ rushed towards me, unlocking the handcuffs. I wiggled my hands around a bit, looking back at Fae.

"I win" I told her, and she hissed at me.

"For now" She said back, and with that, Derek pulled her out.

As I stood, one by one they hugged me. All except Hotch, who stood in the same place, still with his arms crossed. But now he was staring at me. As I hugged Rossi, the final person, I glanced at Aaron. Shaking my head, I walked out of the room. I started putting my hair up in a messy ponytail with the hair elastic on my wrist, and once I finished, I heard someone call out,

"Veronica, wait!" I turned, revealing the last person I wanted to see, looking at me desperately.

Aaron.