22

third person.

"Hiii Oreo," Serenity said as she walked in the door, picking up her cat and placing her bags on the floor, "Zach?"

"I'm in the bedroom," He called out as the girl made her way through to their bedroom, sitting him laying on the bed while scrolling through twitter, "Hi."

The girl quickly put Oreo down on the bed before getting on it herself, moving over towards Zach and placing her head on his chest as her arm went across his stomach before she smiled, "Hello."

"I got a paper cut today," the boy said as he sighed, "it hurts like hell."

"Why didn't you put a bandaid on it?" She asked as he placed down his phone.

"That never came to my mind," Zach said, a confused look on his face, "Anyway, I need to ask you something."

"Is it bad?" Serenity asked him as she sat up, Zach shaking his head as he watched her cross her legs, "You don't look excited about what you're going to ask.."

"Wait I feel awkward never mind-"

"No no, tell me." She said through a nervous laugh, "I feel anxious about it now."

"I just wanted to ask if you've had any symptoms of pregnancy.." He said, scratching the back of his neck as the girls smile slowly fell, "I don't mean it as in you look like you are, I just noticed the past few weeks you've been acting different and all.."

"Oh." Serenity said, looking down at her hands as she let out a sigh, "Not really."

"Not really?"

"I've had a- where did this even come from?" Serenity cut herself off as she asked the boy sat opposite her, furrowing her eyebrows before looking up at him, "What do you mean I've been acting different?"

"You've just been more I don't know, stubborn?" Zach told her as she tilted her head, "The group just said it was a possibility so.."

"Well, I've had a few symptoms but I'm not." She shook her head, "I don't think I am."

"But if you've had a few symptoms then shouldn't you take a test? Just in case?" Zach asked, fiddling with the rings on his fingers.

"But the symptoms I had are super common and they're not even just for pregnancy, they can be for anything." Serenity explained, "I don't think I am, Zach."

He sighed but nodded, knowing she wasn't to give in with taking a test as he gave her a small smile, "Why didn't you tell me about the symptoms?"

"I just didn't see them as important, I didn't think they were for pregnancy so I just went with it." She shrugged, kissing his cheek as she got off the bed, "Anyway, if I do end up taking a test in the next few days I'll text you but other-"

"Text me?"

"I'm going to New York." Serenity said, grabbing her suitcase as he looked at her confused, "Harold wants a meeting with Ethan and I."

"You're going with Ethan?" Zach asked, feeling a small drop in his stomach.

"Yeah.. why?"

"Am I coming with you?" He asked a second question, a somewhat worried look on his face as she slowly shook her head.

"You need to look after Oreo." The girl told him, placing her suitcase on the bed, "I'm only going for one night, he planned a last minute meeting and my flight is tomorrow morning."

"You didn't check with me first?" Zach said as she looked at him, "Or told me earlier? A text?"

"Zach, I'll be fine-"

"You're going to be in separate rooms right?" He cut her off as she rolled her eyes, "You won't be?"

"Yes it's separate rooms," Serenity told him, grabbing a couple shirts and throwing them in her suitcase, "I'll be back by the evening not tomorrow but the day after."

"Are you sure I can't come?" Zach frowned, "Treasure can look after Oreo."

"I'm not talking to Treasure right now."

"That doesn't mean she can't look after our cat," Zach argued, "You're just going to one meeting then getting a flight back?"

"Yes!" She told him, "I can be in New York by myself for one night, Zach. I'll call you when I have free time and before my flight back."

"Ok, do you want me to pick you up when your flight arrives back here?" Zach asked her as she gave him a confused look.

"If you want to." She nodded slowly, "I was going to get an uber with Ethan but yeah you can pick me up."

"Does he need a lift too?"

"He might, yeah." She replied as he nodded.

"Are you definitely sure I can't come with you?" Zach asked her again as she let out a sigh, grabbing his face with both her hands gently as he gave her a small frown.

"It's one night, just one meeting." She said softly as he nodded, "Nothing is going to happen to me or to anything else you seem to be paranoid about."

"Promise?"

She nodded, holding up her pinky as he quickly joined them up, "I promise, ok? I love you."

"I love you more," He smiled slightly before placing a kiss on her lips, then watching her finish packing her suitcase.

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

pls don't assume anything she is going to nyc for a meeting before u all think she's gonna go cheat😹😹