65

third person.

Since Zach had found out what Mason had said to Serenity a few days ago, he had kept his distance from her. The worry about accidentally saying or doing the wrong knowing that Mason was watching became too overwhelming for the boy, and eventually he had limited himself to only asking the girl how her day was before letting her get on with the rest of it by herself.

With Corbyn and Christina's wedding less than 5 days away and the couple not even having an outfit to wear, Serenity's goal for the evening was to have something order to wear for the event, knowing that Zach had plenty enough suits or formal attire he could wear.

And so as Serenity was sat on the couch with Oreo by the side of her and her laptop on her lap, the girl was focused despite how tired she looked, every so often glancing over at her boyfriend who was half asleep the other side of the couch with a blanket over him.

The only sound that seemed to be in their apartment was the film Zach had put on that he never actually paid attention to, but put it there so the silence between them wasn't as awkward.

"Zach," Serenity spoke up with a soft tone in her voice as the boy opened one eye to look over at her, watching her pat the side of the couch Oreo wasn't sleeping on, "Do you want to cuddle me?"

Slowly nodding once, the boy sat up and grabbed the blanket before walking over to where she was sat, falling back onto the couch beside her and putting his head on her lap as one of her hands immediately went to his hair.

And as the boy got comfortable again, instead of closing his eyes he watched her scroll through various clothing websites and seeing all of the dresses she was thinking of buying.

As she scrolled through different websites for a few more minutes or so, Serenity soon let out a frustrated sigh before putting her palm to her forehead, "I'm going to look bad in everything."

"Stop judging yourself," he mumbled, "Get the first one you looked at, I know you liked that once the most."

"But it isn't a colour I'd usually go for," she replied as he shrugged, "I really like it but-"

"Trust me it'll look great," Zach interrupted her, "You don't have to wear heels, just wear your converse with it and you'll look beautiful, I promise."

"Ok fine, I'll trust you." Serenity said before ordering the dress off the website and closing the laptop down, yawning slightly as she did so, "I'm sorry about what Mason said.."

"You know I won't hurt you, right?" Zach asked her, "Mentally or physically or whatever other ways I could, you do know I won't don't you?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "I told Mason you would never and you have never."

"I know I tend to get stressed or frustrated but I would never think about taking it out on you," Zach explained, "I always keep my distance and let myself cool off before I go over to you, I just don't understand where he got the impression that I'd do that."

"I think he was just worried because my ex did it so unexpectedly," Serenity shrugged as Zach sighed, "There was a few red flags before it but other than that it was out of the blue, I know you wouldn't do that."

"But Mason thinks I would." He told her.

"Mason doesn't know that much about our relationship," the girl replied, running her fingers through his hair, "He's can be protective of me and I guess he just got worried, I'm sure it's not because of who you are as a person."

"I really think Mason is acting weird at the moment," Zach said as Serenity looked down at him confused, "New years just gave me a new outlook on him, I really think it's weird that he didn't show any sympathy."

"And Daniel isn't talking to us as much at the moment," he continued, grabbing his phone and pulling up the texts in the group chat, "Usually he's so active but he's now somehow the least active and it just bothers me."

"He could just be having a few bad days."

"But he doesn't show up to the studio half the time and you know he likes to overwork himself." Zach frowned, "Even if he does show up to the studio he seems really off, it's all worrying me."

"Ok, we'll keep an eye on him bub." Serenity told the boy as he slowly nodded, "But don't jump straight to conclusions, we haven't seen anything yet apart from the new years incident."

"So next time will probably be the wedding?"

"Probably." She nodded, "Anyway I want a bath."

"I want one too," he sat up and looked at her, "Can I join you?"

"You go over the top with bubbles," she raised her eyebrows and stood up.

"I do not." Zach furrowed his eyebrows, "I put the right amount in."

"Ok fine, you can join me." Serenity gave him a smile as the pair walked through to the bathroom, "But please don't mix so many bath bombs together this time."

"I won't, I'll only use two."

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

zach being worried and sad makes me so 🥺🥺🥺

butttt do u think he should be worried for daniel or not? 😼