34

third person.

Sitting on the plane beside Jack, Zach let out a sigh as he bought one leg up to his chest, glancing outside of the window as he listened to the boy beside him who seemed to be in his own world talking about multiple different things.

"Do you think she's going to be at the apartment?" Zach asked, looking at Jack as he shrugged then shook his head.

"I think she's at Darcie's right now," Jack replied, "She was talking to Brea about it."

"Do you think all her stuff will be gone?"

"Probably," he nodded as Zach let out a sigh, "She's probably moved out most of her stuff."

"I shouldn't have ended it," He said, putting his hand to his head, "I could've talked to her about it."

"You did talk to her about it," Jack replied, keeping his voice quiet so no one would interrupt their conversation, "You did your best to keep it going, don't blame yourself."

"I feel so bad about it." He sighed, pulling the sleeves of his green sweater over his hands, "I know she didn't mean any of intentionally."

"I think you two just need a bit of space to realise what you need, then you need to properly communicate about it before deciding anything else." Jack explained, shrugging slightly as he took a few sips of his water.

"I guess.." He slowly nodded as Jack gave him a small smile, "Can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

"A few weeks ago I did something that I don't think anyone would be happy with if they found out," Zach began as Jack looked at him confused, "I was mad at Serenity so I messaged Maddy."

"You- Zach." Jack sighed, his smile dropping, "Please tell me you didn't-"

"I just said hey and once she replied I didn't respond again, I was just upset and wasn't thinking about it but the only text I sent was hey."

"Delete her number." The boy told him, "Does Ren even know about that?"

"No we weren't talking at the time." Zach scratched the back of his neck, "I was going to tell her but it was just hey I didn't see the big deal."

"Zach, you can't complain about her texting Ethan if you're texting Maddy." Jack told him, "Don't make her seem like the only bad guy if you're messaging your ex."

"I know, that's also why I feel bad."

"Please tell her when you get the chance."

"I will." Zach nodded, moving his gaze bsck towards the window.

After the small flight back to LA, everyone got off the plane and made their way out of the airport, separating into different groups to each head back to their individual places.

As Zach arrived back at the apartment complex, he headed up the stairs to the floor him and Serenity lived in, unlocking their apartment door and expecting to see half of their things gone.

Kicking it open with his foot, everything was as they left it a week ago, nothing had been touched or moved in the slightest. Looking around the apartment, nothing seemed to be missing either, which confused the boy as he had thought that the girl would've taken some things with her once she got back.

The journal on the table, their fluffy blanket on the couch for their movie nights, the small canvas of butterflies she had painted not too long ago after having a bad day and the few polaroid's spread out on the kitchen counter that they had taken a few nights before they left, everyone was in place and that made Zach feel lonely.

Sitting down on the couch, his body fell into a slumped position before grabbing a cushion to his side and hugging it, letting out a small sigh as his eyes began to water.

But despite their many differences and fights over the smallest things, at the end of each day they were good for each other. A support system, a shoulder to cry on and a hand to hold, their other half.

And most nights, each other was all they had, they just hadn't yet realised it.

(˚୨୧🧸⋆。☁️˚ ⋆ 🍂)

a/n

DOUBLE UPDATE WOO